• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

First, I am not here to flame.  Let me just state that outright.

As a UCF fan we desire a rival game because we know what its like to play football for 26 years without one.  Over the years we have had heated series with many different schools.  Troy State, Georgia Southern, Bethune Cookman, Marshall, heck weve even had mini rivalries with teams like Auburn and Georgia Tech.

But none of those teams were truly a rival.  The best rivals are schools that look like you.  That share commonalities, a region, an academic mission, similar student bodies....like it or not UCF and USF are very similar, Tampa and Orlando are very similar.  We both drive the same hated I-4 to work everyday, our communities are similar in size.  Our universities are growing and flourishing in many ways.

UCF and USF are both on their way up.  USF through its Big East membership and strong corporate community support, UCF through its ingenious develop of new facilities, uber-powerful President, and fortunate coaching hires.  

While we may poke fun at each other for things such as recruits not qualifying or resumes we are both on the way up and there is plenty of room at the table for both of us.

Lets have fun USF fans.  Playing each other annually is almost like an extra home game for each of us.  Over the years you'll see the same UCF fans and get to know some of us.  When we're all old and gray and have a few national championships under our belts we can talk about the 2005 but kicking you gave us or the 2014 game that sent us to the Orange Bowl and USF to the Sugar.

So lets have some fun.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

ummm nope. We will try to play the Miami's of the world. USF dosen't need this game UCF does. Why play a non BCS School every year. What happens when we are good enough to play for a National Title and playing UCF brings down our SOS. Thank, but we would rather play the big boys.

I hear FAU needs a rival call them.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  65

Do you honestly think UCF wont be a BCS school in 3-5 years?  We arent investing the money we are or hiring people like Keith Tribble away from directing the Orange Bowl to remain outside the BCS permanently.

20th largest TV market

Brand new on campus stadium

Brand new 10,000 seat arena

more students living on campus than any other school in Florida

George O'Leary

It might all be moot anyway if we end up joining you in the Big East, but in anycase you can bet that UCF is only headed up.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'm tired of this PR campaign UCF is putting on to try and make USF look bad. This is straight out of the UAB playbook where mean old Alabama won't even give them a game. You know why Alabama doesn't want to play UAB? Because they don't have to.

You know what you should ask yourself? Why are you so desperate for a game with USF? Don't you have the same aspirations to play the best of the best?

UCF wont be BCS. There is no more room in the Big 4.  :'(

When you are BCS give us a call. Why should we help you get there? Enjoy your .500 season.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

When you are BCS give us a call. Why should we help you get there? Enjoy your .500 season.

actually, we went .500 last season

and 10-13 in the past 2 years, but i digress

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

I'll respond to this whole thread quickly.

Arguements about SOS and RPI and non-BCS go out the window until you're scheduling 12 BCS Top 50 teams.

If you want to call us a cupcake, then by all means, schedule us as your warmup game, but just be freakin consistent.

And to Orlando_Man - I get that you're new here.  But if you came in looking to film a commercial for UCF on a USF message board and expect a standing ovation - you were wrong.  And that's okay.  Just accept it and don't get into an arguement about it because...surprise surprise....most of the people here won't care.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Arguements about SOS and RPI and non-BCS go out the window until you're scheduling 12 BCS Top 50 teams.

Well, I don't see many BCS teams playing annual series with non-BCS teams. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Colorado-Colorado State and that was around long before the BCS ever took hold. Why should this be any different?

If you want to call us a cupcake, then by all means, schedule us as your warmup game, but just be freakin consistent.

You're certainly being consistent, in fact UCF's 10-plus years of bellyaching for a game with USF has been the only consistent thing in this whole argument. I won't even get into what USF must have been in your eyes during the Culpepper years, but I'm sure it was a small, spongy treat covered with frosting and stuck in a paper wrapper.

we finally gave them 2 games after the begged us and now we are done. GO AWAY UCF. FAU needs a rival although maybe they should just stick with FIU because both schools will pass by UCF within 5 years.