• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Met a "Gator Couple" in Phoenix last night...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Funnier than hell...so far removed from Gainesville yet so typical..

It started at a friend's house where a few families had gathered for some conversation and drinks.  The husband started by mentioning he was a gator fan - strangely enough he was not obnoxious and rude in doing so.  I told him I was from USF, he stated he knew a little about USF and rooted for all Florida teams.  I asked him if he actually attended UF - he did.  I said "well that figures....most of the obnoxious UF fans never attended the school".  He seemed like a nice guy, so we went on to talk a little about football in Florida.  Just then his wife entered the conversation...alas the ignorant loud mouthed gator fan that never attended the school has arrived.  She took over the conversation and began telling me how USF was a "piss-ass" school and that the gators would never play us.  She went on to proclaim UF the only clean program in the state and that FSU and Miami routinely cheats.  "FSU fans are the most obnoxious fans in the world".  All this coming from a preganant lady in front of her husband and kid.  

I simply asked her if she attended UF - her answer was "no".  I looked at her husband and said "see!"   ;D

I then said "it's always a special time when in a group of gator fans".  She spoke of their national championships...I said I thought they only won one, but it was Miami that had several.  She seemed stunned, if not confused.  I asked if she could name the "last" national championship the gators won and she could not.  I stated it was in '96.  She was still confused -couldn't remember who they had beaten (I believe it was the hated Seminoles- and told her so).

Naturally, as she began to feel revealed as just another loud mouthed gator *****, she finally went on the offensive.  Because she really knew nothing about the gator program, she felt the best thing to do was to start attacking USF and every other school in Florida.   She started ripping into Tampa as well, and basically made a complete ass out of herself for everyone to see.

She was the only one not drinking (besides my wife)...I never got to find out where in fact she went to school (if she did).  

Gator fans...where "class" is never in session.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I'm picturing her like this ............

mariwilson129.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

0156-0606-2901-3517_SM.jpg

a picture of this female gator fan taken in the bathroom

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

0018-0405-3018-3309_SM.jpg

later that night she was spotted downtown phoenix

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Gator female fans tend to be worse cause most of them have no clue other than "Florida is better than everyone else."

Awesome job laughing about the national titles.

Florida...Where the fans are so arrogant, yet accomplished so little.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

Great Storu Brad ... Thanx for sharing  ;D

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Funnier than hell...so far removed from Gainesville yet so typical..

It started at a friend's house where a few families had gathered for some conversation and drinks.  The husband started by mentioning he was a gator fan - strangely enough he was not obnoxious and rude in doing so.  I told him I was from USF, he stated he knew a little about USF and rooted for all Florida teams.  I asked him if he actually attended UF - he did.  I said "well that figures....most of the obnoxious UF fans never attended the school".  He seemed like a nice guy, so we went on to talk a little about football in Florida.  Just then his wife entered the conversation...alas the ignorant loud mouthed gator fan that never attended the school has arrived.  She took over the conversation and began telling me how USF was a "piss-ass" school and that the gators would never play us.  She went on to proclaim UF the only clean program in the state and that FSU and Miami routinely cheats.  "FSU fans are the most obnoxious fans in the world".  All this coming from a preganant lady in front of her husband and kid.  

I simply asked her if she attended UF - her answer was "no".  I looked at her husband and said "see!"   ;D

I then said "it's always a special time when in a group of gator fans".  She spoke of their national championships...I said I thought they only won one, but it was Miami that had several.  She seemed stunned, if not confused.  I asked if she could name the "last" national championship the gators won and she could not.  I stated it was in '96.  She was still confused -couldn't remember who they had beaten (I believe it was the hated Seminoles- and told her so).

Naturally, as she began to feel revealed as just another loud mouthed gator *****, she finally went on the offensive.  Because she really knew nothing about the gator program, she felt the best thing to do was to start attacking USF and every other school in Florida.   She started ripping into Tampa as well, and basically made a complete ass out of herself for everyone to see.

She was the only one not drinking (besides my wife)...I never got to find out where in fact she went to school (if she did).  

Gator fans...where "class" is never in session.

Trip to friends house: $12

4 bottles of beer: $10

The price of embarrassing a Gator spouse infront of the other?  PRICELESS!!

Congrats...that would of made a good short film!

KL

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Reminds me of the SI article from the late 80's or early 90's.

Writer said of UF Football and their fans:

"Arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Rutgers."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Edited by Bulliever:

All comments were off-topic and deleted...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Reminds me of the SI article from the late 80's or early 90's.

Writer said of UF Football and their fans:

"Arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Rutgers."

Actually, it was the 60's and it was the "tradition of Wake Forest" ......... but other than that, pretty dead-on.    ;)