• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF bball in 2 years: what will it take to survive

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

They will dish the pain

Connecticut (#7) (12-4) (33-6)

Pittsburgh (#9) (13-3) (31-5)  

Cincinnati (#11) (12-4) (25-7)  

Syracuse  (#20) (11-5) (23-8 )

Providence (#21)  (11-5) (20-9)  

They will give us scars if we don't show

Louisville  (9-7) (20-10)  

Seton Hall  (10-6) (21-10)

DePaul  (12-4) (22-10)  

Rutgers  (7-9) (20-13)  

Marquette  (8-8 ) (19-12)  

Notre Dame ( 9-7) (19-13)  

Villanova  (6-10) (18-17)  

West Virginia  (7-9) (17-14)  

Our two best chances to win

Georgetown  (4-12) (13-15)  New coaching staff

SOUTH FLORIDA  (1-15) (7-20)  

St. John's  (1-15) (6-21)   New coaching staff

Just like that medic dude in "Saving Private Ryan" when he got shot: MAMA!!!

;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't put providence in that class... they had an exceptional year, but they'll be in the 2nd group.  L'Ville will be in the top group.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

We will be canon fodder unless the support for the program comes on strong.  

Granted, I am more of a football kind of person but we will need to boost the program moving into the Big East.  We are moving into a serious basketball conference and I will be making the drive for some of the games.  

Gotta show the support.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Especially the home games... gonna have great teams in the dome on a regular basis.  Any game could turn out to be the biggest win in the history of the program.  That alone should lure in some new fans.  Playing Uconn, pitt, notre dame, syracuse at the dome.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Support for the program is vital IMO. It should not be hard to fill up a 10,500 seat arena with the BIG EAST schedule. There really is no excuse for our poor attendance right now because we have such a big school. It is time for the fans to put up or shut up next season.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  78

Yeah i agree, Providence did have an exceptional year. actually i think 2 yrs ago we beat them

Guest AstroBull

We have to support the team next year.  And the school needs to advertise the team as well.  There was only 2 times I think last year (Louisville and Marquette) that the school had anything in the paper at least a day or two before the game.

Guest BasketBull.

(About Louisville being in the first group, I was just going by rankings and records. My only point is that we are in for very tough time.)

Here's what I like about USF so far

1) Coach Mac wants to use the entire roster. I like that. Playing five or six guys with that kind of schedule will kill us, especially as the season gets down the stretch -we've tried that already in C-USA.

2) The new system relies on teamwork, effort, and discipline, which is what will keep us in a lot of games. Maybe our talent isn't there yet, but this system alone will work in the college game, even against the big boys.

3) Coach Mac realizes you can't win with defense alone (from recruiting article), which is nice to know. I was worried that he was trying to recruit guys who can defend only: we need shooters!

4) We just need a good and strong nucleus of a team built as we get into the New Big East and we will be fine, i.e. an identity. The recuits will come, including the fans and national TV exposure -the scheduling will be awesome!

Right now we do not have anything yet. When the coach says that anyone can come in and start, that says a lot.

Q: What does it take to have a good nucleus?

I'd like to see a solid point guard and center, and someone to emerge as the floor leader.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

(About Louisville being in the first group, I was just going by rankings and records. My only point is that we are in for very tough time.)

Here's what I like about USF so far

1) Coach Mac wants to use the entire roster. I like that. Playing five or six guys with that kind of schedule will kill us, especially as the season gets down the stretch -we've tried that already in C-USA.

2) The new system relies on teamwork, effort, and discipline, which is what will keep us in a lot of games. Maybe our talent isn't there yet, but this system alone will work in the college game, even against the big boys.

3) Coach Mac realizes you can't win with defense alone (from recruiting article), which is nice to know. I was worried that he was trying to recruit guys who can defend only: we need shooters!

4) We just need a good and strong nucleus of a team built as we get into the New Big East and we will be fine, i.e. an identity. The recuits will come, including the fans and national TV exposure -the scheduling will be awesome!

Right now we do not have anything yet. When the coach says that anyone can come in and start, that says a lot.

Q: What does it take to have a good nucleus?

I'd like to see a solid point guard and center, and someone to emerge as the floor leader.

if these guy's pan out you have two guard who may be BE caliber and a core of forwards whose talent may be solid bench players in the BE (depth you need) and if well coached to give more than their talent could be starters in the BE

what you are missing is a center, so you can now go out and recruit big men for two years

i trust mac to get the most out of "his' guy's