• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary: UCF to sell 32-35k season tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

It would be great if USF would double our season ticket holders.  We did go from 4 to 8.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Having tickets in demand gives incentive for people to purchase season tickets.  Plus, if it gets that crammed, the atmosphere would be strong and it would push for expansion.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Having tickets in demand gives incentive for people to purchase season tickets.

Serious question, what game outside of Texas is going to be "in demand" for UCF next season?

Serious answer, if the team keeps up with winning, most of them will be.  Marshall is already a nice draw and they will be a home game in 07.  UTEP and Tulsa will be on the schedule, but I don't know where the game will be.  If at home, those two will attract people.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Actually, I was there.  He said we will sell 32-35k NEXT year.  

Better contact the writer of the story and get it corrected.

Serious answer, if the team keeps up with winning, most of them will be.  Marshall is already a nice draw and they will be a home game in 07.  UTEP and Tulsa will be on the schedule, but I don't know where the game will be.  If at home, those two will attract people.

Winning should help yes, but you're going to have a tough time drawing that many when you play most of the C-USA teams because they will not travel that well. You'll play teams like UAB and ECU at home every other year and that is a tough draw.

O'Leary has a very lofty goal for season tickets next season and you may have good numbers if you're going to force those to buy a season ticket to get the Texas game, but it's going to be very difficult to more than double your season ticket base,even if you have the same type of success in C-USA this season.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

GOL said 32-35K for this year. We'll see.  Iam sure that number was included in their financials and is a must amke number.  Besides, I am sure there are people buying tickets this year to be sure they can get into the facility next year...

in their financials... on the new stadium ... they said they needed an attendence of 23 to 24 thousand.  last I heard we had 2500 new season tix holders over last year.. assuming just 2 tix per holder... we should be up near 15k.

Memphis traveled well and so did Marshall.  They will be back in 07.

I agree that doubling season ticket sales seems a little lofty at the moment.  It's hard to say how the lower supply/higher demand will play out.  It's a fact that more students will go to the game as many don't go due to distance and lack of transportation.  The regular fans will come regardless, so while season tickets may not be 35k, average attendence can easily be that or higher.

Memphis traveled well and so did Marshall.  They will be back in 07.

I agree that doubling season ticket sales seems a little lofty at the moment.  It's hard to say how the lower supply/higher demand will play out.  It's a fact that more students will go to the game as many don't go due to distance and lack of transportation.  The regular fans will come regardless, so while season tickets may not be 35k, average attendence can easily be that or higher.

Certainly agree about student attendance going up nicely, but you're going to have to rely on paying customers to help pay off the stadium. I'm sure there will be good increase in the cost of tickets to help.

Will Memphis and Marshall travel well if they have poor teams?

Marshall had a down year in 05 and their home attendence hurt a bit.  However, all signs have pointed to Marshall improving for 06.  Their situation in 05 was tough with a coaching change right before the season started and they never shook that off.  I expect them to be bowl bound in 06.

If Memphis can stay competitive in 06, they should show up fan wise in 07.  I think it's between Memphis and UAB for the CUSA East basement in 06.