• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It seems that Iowa...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,001
  • Content Count:  7,253
  • Days Won:  9

doesn't consider our AD as doing such a bad job, as one of our 'expert' and prolific posters thinks.  From Greg's blog:

Iowa called Woolard about AD job

June's supposed to be the slow month, right?

First, so nobody gets too excited, Iowa is announcing its new athletic director today at 5 p.m. ET, and it's not Doug Woolard.

That said, the search firm running the hiring process for Iowa called Woolard this month, but USF's athletic director said he's happy with the Bulls.

"It's a compliment, but I told them I wasn't interested," Woolard said, calling from a golf cart on the back nine at Lone Palm in Lakeland, where USF's "Around the Horns" booster tour had a stop Friday.

Woolard celebrated his two-year anniversary as USF athletic director last week, and he's not the only Florida administrator Iowa was interested in. Florida Atlantic athletic director Craig Angelos, himself only three years on the job, interviewed with Iowa officials last week, according to the Palm Beach Post.

http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,149
  • Content Count:  94,502
  • Days Won:  443

doesn't consider our AD a 'dullard', as one of our 'expert' and prolific posters thinks.

RTB, the ridiculous name that one of our 'expert' and prolific posters uses to address Mr. Woolard has become an automatically "censored" word because the management of TheBullsPen.com does not tolerate insulting current players, coaches or administrators at USF.  But, still, I think most regulars here know the point you are making.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,001
  • Content Count:  7,253
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks, Brad... message edited.  Not that I'm expecting an admission of a mistake from said poster.  ::)