• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

womens swim and diving team at florida am

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

a school the sizre of usf that is based in tampa should have a swim team

it is natural

title 9 is great and forces schools to be fair.without it there would be no sports for girls

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The enforcement of Title IX is not great though.  It made schools like Stetson lose football and every Florida school to lose wrestling.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141

I just don't see how if you add a proportionate amount of women to men as was prior to adding the sport, that all of a sudden the school wouldn't be compliant.  Mathematically, that doesn't make sense.  I guess that's where the confusion comes in.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Title 9 had nothing to do with Stetson losing football.

UCF will have swim and dive soon.  The facility was supposed to be built by now and then they found out that we could build a football stadium so we did that instead.  I'm not sure how far that pushed back the swim/dive.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Warped, It all comes down to polotics as long as your school is remaining close to substantially proportionate your ok. When you start adding mens sports (I don't know the USF % number now) you risk messing it up and forcing litagation.

The problem with substantial proportionality is the fact that it flucuates year in and out as the student body changes. USF might still favor the mens side of sports and thus adding men could hurt.

In order to get a swimming and diving team, from what past schools have done (when adding any sport), you would have to cut another men's sport