• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Tampa Trib Article

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Sprtsfn627
"It's very unfair and unethical for people to talk about replacing someone who is doing the toughest job in America," Vitale said Monday. "For programs that are struggling, until decisions are made, it will be rumors, rumors, rumors [about Huggins].

"USF is the toughest job in America for a coach in a major, major conference. To try and catch the people at UConn, Villanova, Syracuse, right down the line, that is an absolute battle. Football has a chance, but basketball will take a lot of work and a lot of commitment.

"They have a magical league to sell, but it's tough if you finish 13th, 14th, 15th or 16th on a regular basis and don't make the [big East] tournament. I feel for Robert. I know how hard a worker, how dedicated he is. People don't understand what a tough job that is."

**** Vitale is right on there.  And yet some of our fans expect instant results...I just don't understand all the impatience.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Impatience??? How long have we been losing for?  I think we have been patient enough.  6 conference wins in 2 seasons is being patient, but only 6 wins in three?  There has to be a line and Mac crossed it.  Great guy but sorry buddy you can find a job in a mid level conference somewhere Im sure.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Dickie V is a good guy and would never throw anyone under the bus.  Knows Mac is a good coach and **** well knows he isnt prepared for the BE.  The hardest job in the country should go to a guy is is willing to take the challenge and be able to suceed.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I dont understand why some of you are defending mac and want him back.  Are you tellingme you would rather have mac coaching then huggins?  

That is the most illogical notion I have ever heard.  Why wait for mac to show you the same garbage next year, then lose out on getting huggins.  Two years from now mac would still be kicking guys off the team, playing close but not winning and still in last place of the BE.   And by that time huggins would be at another school turning them into winners.  What has mac done to gain some of your support?  Three losing seasons, dwindling and down right pathetic attendance support. no media coverage, a 6-40 conference record, a measly 2 wins in 3 years on the road in the conference.   Wanting him over huggins makes no sense.  

I say hire huggins.

As for vitale's comments as crm having the toughest job in america, part of that may be true, and he has shown he cant handle it.  I think huggins would make this not the hardest job in america because he would create a reputation of us actually being good with lots of fans support.  Teh only raason vitale says its the toughest job in america is because we are so aweful and get lousy support.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

this is the most excitment in usf sports since usf joined the big east

sign huggins usf

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

TAKE A FREAKING HIKE ****!  I can't stand this guy.  

USF is by far not the toughest job in the country and if the proper coach were in place could be one of the better jobs in the country.  Great weather, second largest university in the state., Major conference affiliation, and a YOUNG University only getting better.  

Hey ****, was Texas Tech a plum job before knight got there?   No, they sucked and were in a "major, major" conference right?  I wish **** would keep his mouth shut.  I'm convinced he has some type of vendetta against USF.

And BTW, why would Genshaft allow a football coach with a DUI to come here but not allow a bball coach with one?  

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

My Question is if not Huggins then who..................... if we fire RMC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

My Question is if not Huggins then who..................... if we fire RMC

Harrick, the one with the Championship ring ....