• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

MY MARLINS are goin to the WORLD SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, the Sox haven't been to a WS since 1918 or something.  Pedro is Dominican and so am I so I didn't want him to lose the game.  But...I'm from NYC (From the Boogie down Bx where the Yanks are from) so I was going for the Yanks ALL the time.  That was one hell of a game!!  First game of the series is on sat...and theres a football game that day...hmm...what to do?  Go to the game or watch my Yanks..?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Velcro

Buckner didnt cost the sox the series in 86 as all real sox fans know. He mad the error after the mets tied the game. There was no gaurentee that the sox would have won in extra innings. If anything I blame Bob Stanley for the wild pitch that got Knight to third base for the wining run or calvin friggin schiraldi for letting them rally with two outs.  The sox are just not meant to win the whole thing. I dont believe in curses but I do believe that the sox cant get the monkey off their back. They were in perfect position last night and could not seal the deal AGAIN!  I truly hate the yankees and everything about them and always will.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,508

I BULLieve this is the wrong board  ;)

[move]GO BULLS !!![/move]

This whole BULLieve was cute at first, but now it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.  Please cut down on the usage of this term.

Marlins and Yankees.  Could not ask for a better series.

BTW, leave that Cubs fan alone.  The ball was going out of bounds.  If you have ever gone to a baseball game, you will know that everyone reacts to a foul ball.  Some want to get a game ball, and some just want to protect themselves from getting hit by a ball.  The courts have proven that teams are not liable for fans that are hit by balls.

Case in point.  The first case study in my business law class at USF was about a fan suing the New York Mets, a.k.a. the New York Metropolitan Baseball Club.  The fan (do not rember the fan's gender) got hit by a foul ball, and the fan sued the team because it was a painful injury.  I do not remember the exact details, but the courts said tough luck, you knew the risk when you entered the park, and you get zero money.

So I bet most people would do the same thing.  Would you take a baseball in the eye for a very rich professional team that will not compensate you for your pain?  Nope.  I would duck, try to catch the ball, or swat the thing out of my way.  I really would not take a shattered eye socket for any team, even for the USF Bulls.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  39

MAG PIE WROTE

YANKEES WIN!  THE YANKEES WIN!

Your Marlins are gonna go to the WS...[glb]only to get beaten by my Yankees. [/glb] I wish I was still in NYC to go out and party now that we made it YET AGAIN to the WS.  GO YANKEES!

ouch

I worked for the MARLINS in 97, but they were no where near the character of this team...They made baseball look like little league the way they were having fun and playing smallball. what a series, I have them recorded to show my t-ballers the fun of the game, and emotional attitudes (both pudges excitment and motivation as well as M.alou outburst in left over Steve's interferance) whew, Hey and the KNIGHTS won too...by the way even up close MISS AMERICA IS HOT !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Velcro

Buckner didnt cost the sox the series in 86 as all real sox fans know. He mad the error after the mets tied the game. There was no gaurentee that the sox would have won in extra innings. If anything I blame Bob Stanley for the wild pitch that got Knight to third base for the wining run or calvin friggin schiraldi for letting them rally with two outs.  The sox are just not meant to win the whole thing. I dont believe in curses but I do believe that the sox cant get the monkey off their back. They were in perfect position last night and could not seal the deal AGAIN!  I truly hate the yankees and everything about them and always will.

Yes, those two did screw up, but it is buckner's error that zaps the life out of a team, hence keeping the supposed curse alive in the hearts of the players and fans.   There is a reason no one remembers schiraldi and stanley...  because Buckner's blunder was so painful to watch.  They may have lost that game anyway, or they may have won it, which would have won the series.  Who knows... but they'll get to the series and they'll win it, screw the curse, screw the yankees.