• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MY MARLINS are goin to the WORLD SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

Who would have thought it ? man o man I feel like I've just given birth...Anyone hitchen up to the bandwagon ??? I have tees and hats from the past 10 years saved up...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

I BULLieve this is the wrong board  ;)

[move]GO BULLS !!![/move]

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

I usually root for the NL team is the WS....buttttt this year I have to pull for the Red Sox.   Just gotta love the underdog.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Question... How are Red Sox the underdog vs the Marlins?

or are you talking vs the Yankees?

or are you saying the supposed curse makes them an underdog to everyone?

Gonna be a great game 7, pedro vs clemens, winner will be the favorite in the WS, with Home field advantage too.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Marlins just won a WS recently. Sox have not won since 1918. That my friend is an underdog. Sox could have went 162-0 this year and they would be an underdog in playoffs in my opinion. Now if the real losers of the century the Cubs happened to get in then the Sox may not be the dogs.  But Cubs could not close the deal at home with their best two pitchers. Sox on other hand are thrwoing the kitchen sink at Yanks and hanging so far.

History doens't make an underdog, ability does.  I don't care when the marlins won a WS... its not the same team as 97... that team was dismantled.  Might as well call this new marlins team an expansion team that grew up fast.  There is very little linking this team to the marlins of 97.

Sox are underdogs vs the yanks because 1- their record is lower, 2-homefield advantage, nothing more, it doesn't matter that the yankees won tons of titles, because that isn't this year.  Maybe they will win this year, but that is not because of Bucky Dent, Babe Ruth or anyone except those players on the field this year, their owner, manager and fans.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Hey Velcro,

Follow the Sox for 30+ years and then tell me it does not matter.  You have your opinion and I have mine. The Sox were a much better team then the Mets in 86. Were a better team then the Cards in 67. Matched up well with the Reds in 75. Were the best team in baseball in 78.  The Sox and Marlins are both wild card entrants this year.  The Marlins are 1-0 in WS the sox are 0 for last 4. The teams change every year but the results stay the same. Until the Sox win the series they will always be an underdog in my mind and every other true Red Sox fan.  On paper are they better then the Marlins? I say probably not, the Marlins were the best team in baseball from June till the end of the season.  As far as homefield advantage goes, Oakland had it and lost, ATL, and SF and CUBs had it and lost.  Yanks have it now and sox have won 2 of 3 so far there. Yanks have won 2 of 3 at Fenway. I say throw the homefield out this year as if you were betting with that you would be down a whole mess of cash.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Screw the Marlins ............... nothing personal, knightro.  8)

I've followed them for near 20 years, and i don't believe in curses... its garbage... the team that plays the best ball in a series wins... upsets happen, Babe Ruth didn't make Buckner miss the easy grounder in 86... he screwed up, as did nomar in this last game on a easy grounder, yet they won anyway.  

To each their own...  but my opinion is that whoever wins the AL, is the favorite, yanks or sox.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

YANKEES WIN!  THE YANKEES WIN!

Your Marlins are gonna go to the WS...only to get beaten by my Yankees.  I wish I was still in NYC to go out and party now that we made it YET AGAIN to the WS.  GO YANKEES!