• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF gets basketball commit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Brian Graham played 35 mins per game as a walk on... and it was a good and necessary move.

If dennis is the better option, he will have his minutes... if not, he won't.  Whoever is best for the job should be there, regardless of what class they are.  If swift turns the ball over repeatedly, or plays "OLE" defense, don't expect him to retain minutes because he is a senior.  Whoever works harder and shows mac the most will get minutes.  If Jones proves he is a harder worker than Brigman, he'll be stealing some of Brig's minutes.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is a bigman?Prekevicius ?    he's only 6'5, hardly a bigman... or are you talking about Jones?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I love it!!!    

ps. Markey  I love the anti Gayturd sentiment!!!  HOF!!!!   Reaper

Anyway, Mccullum doesn't strike me as a coach who will throw Freshmen right into the fray, if Diarra is any indication...

I don't really think Diarra is an indication... his talent level was not very good but Mac was handcuffed by injuries so had to let him play and waste a redshirt.

If Diarra had the skills, he would have gotten alot more minutes, it was a talent thing, not an age thing... hopefully Diarra's skillset increases under some good coaching, but we'll see.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Diarra was a Rivals 3-star, 26th ranked Center and #100 overall in the Class of 2003. For you to say he has no talent only illustrates my point that we just won't know until some of these guys get on campus and are competing at this level.

I'm just trying to keep this in perspective so people don't get carried away with expectations...I think we have had enough of that over the past 8 years.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I wonder if we'll sign a big man with the final scholarship this year. Maybe there is another European JUCO out there who could really contribute immediately. I'm not sure what the coach views as our top priority. Whoever it is, he better be a fast learner.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Here is the St Pete Times article on Marius:

USF picks up commitment

By PETE YOUNG, Times Staff Writer

Published April 1, 2004

Weatherford (Texas) College guard/forward Marius Prekevicius committed to South Florida, rivals.com reported.

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Prekevicius, a native of Lithuania, played one season at Melbourne Florida Air Academy and one at Weatherford. He will have three seasons of eligibility with the Bulls.

Prekevicius, who also considered New Mexico, Washington State and Hawaii, is a member of the Lithuanian national team. He is considered a superior long-range shooter who can play both guard spots and small forward. He averaged 16.2 points and 3.8 assists this season.

"I'm really excited about the team going to the Big East," Prekevicius told rivals.com.

Prekevicius and another USF commitment, Albany (Ga.) Westover guard Montavious Waters, can sign April14, when the spring signing period begins. Two signed with USF in the fall, Texas high school guard Collin Dennis and junior college power forward Solomon Jones, who played part of this season for Daytona Beach C.C. before becoming academically ineligible.

I don't know why they list him as only 6'4. The european Basketball site lists him at 6'6 and Insiders has him at 6'5.

ESPN also reports him at 6'5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=1773326

Here is their link for all four USF recruits:

http://interact.ocsn.com/recruiting/searchrecruit.cfm?sport=basketball&dbyear=03&school_name=sfla#

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I love that Mac has been bringing in shooters... rather than just athletes.  We've always been burned by other teams deadly shooters (charlotte, marquette, cincy, lville, etc).

I love it!

Amen! Hopefully, they will shooters AND hitters. It was so **** frustrating last year watching towards the end of close games and not really have a "go-to guy" .... or worse yet, several "kinda go-to guys".

Also, isn't Jones a non-qualifier as of right now? What happens to his schollie if he doesn't come around?

Guest BasketBull.

We have to trust our coaching staff...

But deep down in my USF-basketball heart I'm looking for guys who in two or three years time will deliver us a Dancing team.

.500 in the Big East is NOT something I'm waiting for.

Hope is eternal so let's see what happens.

GO BULLS!