• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Ranking Update - Coaches poll #20 - AP #27 - NET #30

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Seems easy to me. Win out. Leave no room for interpretation 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Seems easy to me. Win out. Leave no room for interpretation 

If they lose a game, I just don't see them ending up better than a #6 seed. Aside from possibly the conference tournament, USF is unlikely to play a top 70 team the rest of the way and has two bad teams in UCF and Cincy left on the schedule, which will batter the RPI and NET a bit. We need to see a few more blowouts as we head into the final few weeks of the season, hopefully the first one comes tonight. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,090
  • Days Won:  56

I think it's pretty obvious that we need to win out the rest of the way to position ourselves for a chance to advance in March. If we drop one - or God forbid, two - against AAC teams, the seed for us in the tournament drops like a rock. That precedent has already been set. We need 30 wins, regular-season and tournament championships and nothing less. I'm not certain that we have it in us. It feels like a hiccup is inevitable.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

The only games of some concern are ECU (slightly), Houston, and the two games against SMU. The ECU game is tonight. They are a terrible shooting team, but they are an athletic team and play an aggressive, full court pressure defense similar to what we saw from Houston. They have 10 players that average 10 or more minutes per game, so they go deep into their bench. They rely on turnovers in order to make up for their lack of skill. They recently split games with Memphis. In their 55-47 win, ECU forced 26 Memphis turnovers. In their most recent 61-53 loss, Memphis adjusted to the pressure and only turned the ball over 13 times. That will be the difference for USF against ECU. Under 20 turnovers, we likely win. Under 15 turnover, we likely win by 15 or more. Things get dicey if we go over 20 turnovers and if ECU happens to have a lucky shooting night. 

Thanks for the info on ECU. That pressure defense concerns me. We have way too many 5 second calls on us when trying to inbound the basketball. Hopefully CJF worked on this with the team and they put together a few ways to get a girl open. We can't allow for those kind of turnovers to occur tonight.

My keys to win the game in no particular order:
- Limit turnovers to less than 12-15.
- Make over 75-80% of free throws.
- Sammie Puisis hits at least THREE 3-pointers with a high percentage.
- Limit ECU's offensive rebounding and thus prevent second chance points.
- No 2nd quarter let down - don't allow them within 5-10 pts going into halftime.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie has us as a 5 seed in tally with a potential showdown with geno in the sweet 16.

ncw_bracketology_16x9.jpg

As March grows closer, which mid-major conferences might be...

41 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Charlie has us as a 5 seed in tally with a potential showdown with geno in the sweet 16.

He is certainly high on us, as he should be. Our RPI, SOS, Non-conference SOS, and ELO all point to a top 20 team. 

3 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I really hope we don't have to see UCONN early in the tournament. It seems like they always put us in the same region as them.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

13 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

I really hope we don't have to see UCONN early in the tournament. It seems like they always put us in the same region as them.

Since we never get to that game, why worry about where UCONN is?

4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Since we never get to that game, why worry about where UCONN is?

Jeez, sorry for speaking

The women move up to #22 in the Coaches Poll. The next two games are the ones that we will need to play well to win. Win at SMU on Saturday and then home against Houston on Super Bowl Sunday and the Bulls are highly likely to make it through conference play undefeated. I hope they rest up with their nice 8 days off between SMU and Houston, but that they don't come out too rusty against the Cougars. 

In years past, the NCAA selection committee posted the Top 16 teams for the tournament the last week in January. Are they no longer doing that reveal this season?