• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Ranking Update - Coaches poll #20 - AP #27 - NET #30

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

42 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

ESPN bracketology that came out today still has us as a 6-seed.

Creme decided to keep FSU as a 5 seed. Our overall profile looks better than theirs, but they play in the ACC and we don't. They have 8 games remaining that are all arguably tougher than any games we have left to play. Assuming they go 6-2 in those games, we should be able to pass the Noles.  If Creme seeds using the snake method, he actually has USF as the 3rd 6th seed behind Villanova and Baylor. Villanova I understand (they are probably underseeded at #6) but there is no metric where Baylor should be seeded ahead of USF other than brand-name, big conference favoritism. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

A few upsets in the AP top 25:

24 FSU over 16 Duke

20 NC State over 7 Notre Dame

Unranked Wash St. over 19 Arizona

Unranked USCw over 25 Colorado

We'll be cracking the AP top 25 when the new one comes out, I'm guessing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

46 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

A few upsets in the AP top 25:

24 FSU over 16 Duke

20 NC State over 7 Notre Dame

Unranked Wash St. over 19 Arizona

Unranked USCw over 25 Colorado

We'll be cracking the AP top 25 when the new one comes out, I'm guessing.

I agree we'll crack it, but Duke and ND will not drop out.  Hopefully we get one of the other two slots.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,008

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I agree we'll crack it, but Duke and ND will not drop out.  Hopefully we get one of the other two slots.

GO BULLS!

This team should be ranked much higher; especially with the tough schedule we played earlier.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493

We enter the AP rankings at 25!

700.png

Dawn Staley and South Carolina picked up right where they left off: No. 1 in The Associated Press Top 25 women’s basketball poll.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Days Won:  7

44 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

We enter the AP rankings at 25!

700.png

Dawn Staley and South Carolina picked up right where they left off: No. 1 in The Associated Press Top 25 women’s basketball poll.

We picked up an additional 21 votes to become #25!

#24 Texas, who we beat on the road, picked up 49 votes over last week after beating #14 Oklahoma by 20 and Oklahoma State by 9.

2 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

We picked up an additional 21 votes to become #25!

#24 Texas, who we beat on the road, picked up 49 votes over last week after beating #14 Oklahoma by 20 and Oklahoma State by 9.

I hope that Texas wins out from here. It will definitely bolster our profile. We are ranked about 5 spots lower than we should be. We should be ahead of Texas, FSU, Arizona, MTSU, and Gonzaga. 

• Upvote 1

USF has creeped up to the last #5 seed in Creme's latest projections. If they can win out, I have to think that they would be assured of a #4 seed, which would mean hosting the first two rounds of the tournament. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,008

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF has creeped up to the last #5 seed in Creme's latest projections. If they can win out, I have to think that they would be assured of a #4 seed, which would mean hosting the first two rounds of the tournament. 

This is exciting! Hosting 2 games will be a big advantage. I will try to watch as many games as I can on espn app. Every upcoming game will be important. Go lady Bulls!

The only games of some concern are ECU (slightly), Houston, and the two games against SMU. The ECU game is tonight. They are a terrible shooting team, but they are an athletic team and play an aggressive, full court pressure defense similar to what we saw from Houston. They have 10 players that average 10 or more minutes per game, so they go deep into their bench. They rely on turnovers in order to make up for their lack of skill. They recently split games with Memphis. In their 55-47 win, ECU forced 26 Memphis turnovers. In their most recent 61-53 loss, Memphis adjusted to the pressure and only turned the ball over 13 times. That will be the difference for USF against ECU. Under 20 turnovers, we likely win. Under 15 turnover, we likely win by 15 or more. Things get dicey if we go over 20 turnovers and if ECU happens to have a lucky shooting night.