• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, he was Holden on loosely but unfortunately let go. 

Your best work yet!  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Someone like a Weaver I get, but I don't get the rationale for someone like Willis to hit the portal with his 6 catches.  Number one, he probably burns his bridge at USF, and secondly and most importantly, there is no guarantee he will get an FBS, or even FCS offer anywhere.  I guess he's willing to take that chance.

Personally, I think players should wait to see who the new coach is before going into the portal.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,247
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Someone like a Weaver I get, but I don't get the rationale for someone like Willis to hit the portal with his 6 catches.  Number one, he probably burns his bridge at USF, and secondly and most importantly, there is no guarantee he will get an FBS, or even FCS offer anywhere.  I guess he's willing to take that chance.

Personally, I think players should wait to see who the new coach is before going into the portal.  

He want to go somewhere he can make it as a starter I imagine or put his name out there incase he doesn't see a path forward at USf with the new coach. Heck we had several players transfer out and make the nfl after.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

How does this work? Once they declare, are they immediately persona non grata to the school for whatever benefits a scholarship brings or is it at the nd of the semester.... Marsh declared but obviously come back so they still have that option, but I would assume it would be at the discretion of USF at that point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,247
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

How does this work? Once they declare, are they immediately persona non grata to the school for whatever benefits a scholarship brings or is it at the nd of the semester.... Marsh declared but obviously come back so they still have that option, but I would assume it would be at the discretion of USF at that point.

That is what I always wondered myself does he get to go to usf  for free  in January and switch achools at his own leisure or does forfeit money from usf until he decides to stay or go.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

These players have friends they grew up with on other teams that recruit each other. I think James Ash is one of his buddies, so maybe he goes to FAMU to play for Willie Simmons. I think Grier is the one who recruited Cheney from Minnesota. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

These players have friends they grew up with on other teams that recruit each other. I think James Ash is one of his buddies, so maybe he goes to FAMU to play for Willie Simmons. I think Grier is the one who recruited Cheney from Minnesota. 

What is Simmons ends up at FAU?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

What is Simmons ends up at FAU?

I'm trying to have a good day man. Please dont remind me that the coach I feel is our best option may possibly go to our new rival and make us pay. lol His FAMU team put up close to 400 yards of offense on us laat year. 

1790003818_Screenshot_20221129-102719_SamsungInternet.jpg.d095f8efc752f31945987641b532da8a.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

Ridge Jacobs QB is in the transfer portal.