• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A (revised) tribute to the end of the War on I-4

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

UCF is moving on, and USF is on its own

Orlando – Perhaps we should all wear black arm bands or something to commemorate the impending end of the UCF-USF “War on I-4” series. We could hold a candlelight vigil maybe, or Knights fans could lower those “Knights” flags that flap out of their car windows to half-staff for the ride Friday to Tampa (which should be noted is not in South Florida). As Coach Jeff Scott noted this week (oh sorry I forgot, he got canned after losing almost all his games as Coach, he was unavailable for comment). UCF isn’t about to lower a half to lift USF’s program to the same level the Knights currently occupy by giving the Knights any more shots to prove they’re equal, which they aren’t. Da Bulls used to have a nice little program, and while they never did well at the big boy table, they did have that one week as #2 team in the country, before losing almost all the rest of their games that season.

These are not equal programs though, and the Knights owe “South” Florida absolutely nothing. This will be the Bulls final chance to snap UCF’s five game winning streak before the “War” ends. UCF has already begun to establish a rivalry with the University of Florida, beating the Gators last season, and expect to feature Florida State and Miami in upcoming matchups as well. USF can (hopefully) fend for itself against powerhouse programs like Charlotte, Rice, Temple, and Florida Atlantic which for the record is actually located in South Florida. USF can come to Orlando, that’s the way it works in college football these days. The big dog rules the yard, and in this backyard rivalry UCF is the Doberman while the Bulls are the annoying little poodle that always nips at your heels. Lots of noise, no real damage. Maybe if the Bulls want to sign a 10 year contract to come to Orlando to play at the “Rustbucket” then maybe UCF might consider extending this series, as UCF could always use an extra bye week anyways. The series has made some great copy the last five years these two schools played, none better than this quip from Bulls quarterback Matt Grothe (he was unavailable for comment for this story, as he’s now out at the corner of Flowler & Flectcher panhandling people for money and reliving that one week when anyone even actually cared who he was). In the head-to-head battle for recruits now, UCF is so much farther away from the Bulls, even before the Big 12 invitation. That time when the Bulls were a tipped pass away from playing in the Fiesta Bowl? Old news, as UCF actually got the chance to go to the Fiesta Bowl and win against Baylor, the Big 12 powerhouse. Several years later, UCF was just Peachy in a win against SEC power Auburn, capping an undefeated season, something the team in Tampa knows nothing about.

Of course, UCF is talented enough – in pretty much every single sport – to beat the Bulls on nearly every given night. UCF is now moving on to much bigger and better things. This series was fun for a while, but it has outlived its usefulness. The War has ended, and UCF has crushed that team from Tampa. Charge On!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

The bummer though is the UCF and Orlando kinda suck.  

11 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

The bummer though is the UCF and Orlando kinda suck.  

I bet da bulls would love to have some of that suckage, right? Considering you all have one win on the season :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

On the bright side, Bozos like you will have no reason to pollute our boards anymore.  Unless the obsession is too strong.

clown GIF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

22 hours ago, Knights12 said:

I bet da bulls would love to have some of that suckage, right? Considering you all have one win on the season :)

You honestly need to keep to this short, sort of drive-by, smack talk. Those drawn out soliloquies make you look you even more pathetically sadder than you already look ....... which I didn't think possible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You honestly need to keep to this short, sort of drive-by, smack talk. Those drawn out soliloquies make you look you even more pathetically sadder than you already look ....... which I didn't think possible.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

Indeed it does.  We were never this bad

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FTN2sPDqfPys%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&sp=1669208408T7b47718292b3c4f4133b3b7955053eab7a0d14d8de3680a5f87e1028c44c2375

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, Knights12 said:

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

See, that's better. Nobody reads those long posts. Keep it short, sweet and lame ..... although that one made me cry.

• Upvote 1