• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.S. Call

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

One other thing I heard on the radio yesterday--

you CAN signal the fair catch but the other team can still grab the ball before you do. You have no protection against them hitting you or getting to the ball first. The point is that calling for a fair catch really isn't much help and typically the on side gets hit into the ground to gain height (bounce it into the ground).

I'm sure someone will dispute this-- just what I heard on the Derrick Brooks show-- someone I think we can trust as far as that goes. He said they practice that situation in training camp-- so yes, they were aware of it. But I wonder what good it would have done either way since the Colts caught it in the air. right?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Did anyone notice they addressed the on side kickoff on Monday Night Football tonight?

They examined the kick and found that because the ball never hit the ground, the defenders are required to give the receiving team the opportunity to catch the ball before they touch it. In other words, the correct call would have been a 15 yard infraction against the COLTS.

Now that's a BULLCHIT call and more importantly the blown one that could have STOPPED the comeback in its tracks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

The last word on this subject...

In the Patriots-Dolphins game today, the Pats blocked a field goal late. The Patriots were jumping and landing all over each other. Needless to say, no personal foul was called, nor did it even occur to anyone to mention.