• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.S. Call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I disagree.  The official's decision actually made it a great game.

"Colts engineer most dramatic comeback in NFL History" makes a much better headline than "Colts score three but ultimately fall short."

And I say "Colts engineer most dramatic comeback in NFL History" is much better copy than "Colts win on technicality". I just hate to see a great game ruined by officials.

Here's a pic for the Bucs fans. Okay it's really about soccer but use your imagination:

bolton100201part2_r17_c4.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Arrghh!  I'm still hurting from that game!!  I can't even get myself to watch sports center in fear of flashbacks!! :'(

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Arrghh!  I'm still hurting from that game!!  I can't even get myself to watch sports center in fear of flashbacks!! :'(

Let it go as the **** game is over!!!!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I AM a bucs fan and I was so discusted by the time that call occured that there was really no way it could have phased me. That was the worst final 4 minutes of defense I've ever seen.....Actually it would be the worst 4 minutes of defense the NFL has seen as well, what was that stat? no team has EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL lost when up 21 or more points with 4 or less minutes to play. I don't know how anyone who watched that game could be more upset over that call then how we were shredded by manning....just thinking about it makes me want to puke

It was painful to watch, especially after being there Saturday too. We joked about hoping they got a big lead so we could leave early (which we should have done!).

A couple of key points:

- The Bucs DID dominate for the majority of that game and although they didn't win, they weren't pushed around the whole game.

- Call it an excuse or not, but injuries played a HUGE roll in the final minutes of the game and the overtime. Basically, all the playmakers on offense were gone and I know you need people to step up but Alstott, Pittman and K Johnson are hard to replace especially with JJ already not playing. And Tim Wansley is no Brian Kelly.

- Another loss that could be blamed on Special Teams: 91 yd KO return and not recovering the onside kick (all somebody had to do was call for a fair catch on the first one). I don't the Rice thing the special teams fault.

Sunday's game will be HUGE in seeing how they bounce back from Monday night.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,575
  • Days Won:  29

r2100426663.jpg

The ref's next . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

All he had to do was signal a fair catch on an onside kick? The ball hit the ground all ready. You can't signal a fair catch until the ball is in the air and the same goes for after it hit sthe ground. One more point-- YOU CAN'T SIGNAL A FAIR CATCH ON A KICKOFF, PERIOD! The ball is live immediately after it is kicked and can be recovered by the defense as soon as it goes 10 yards.

I thought the "leaping" call was chickenshit. That call hasn't been made EVER in the NFL from what I understand. Where those jerkwad referees pulled that lame ass call from is anyones guess. They literally gave the ball game away by letting the Colts Idiot Kicker get 15 yards closer-- and even then the dufus almost missed the chip shot off the goal post.

That was the Bucs win-- plain and simple. I can't understand even for a minute how they let that game get away from them. I know Brian Kelly is a good cover cornerback but come on-- DOUBLE TEAM Harrison!

ugghh-- that was just horsecrap!

Two home games-- two easily avoidable losses. A championship team doesn't lose those types of ballgames. They better get their chit together and pronto if they expect to have any shot at home field advantage any time this year-- too many teams have ZERO losses already.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, but according to the Glazers, there are still 1.7 billion people, dogs, horses and other living creatures on the season ticket waiting list.  So, things will be alright, the Bucs are still very marketable despite the horrendous start.

BULLS:

Football's Future in the Bay Area

All he had to do was signal a fair catch on an onside kick? The ball hit the ground all ready. You can't signal a fair catch until the ball is in the air and the same goes for after it hit sthe ground. One more point-- YOU CAN'T SIGNAL A FAIR CATCH ON A KICKOFF, PERIOD! The ball is live immediately after it is kicked and can be recovered by the defense as soon as it goes 10 yards.

Mike, I hate to disagree with you but you CAN call a fair catch on the kick-off in the pros before it touches the ground. Check out today's Trib, Gruden specifically mentions that several of the ST players fell asleep on that aspect.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

That is news to me-- i always thought the difference between a punt and a kickoff was the live aspect of the ball. If you don't cover the kickoff, the other team can get possession. I guess it rarely comes up that someone would want to bother calling a fair catch since most kickoffs go very deep or hit the ground quickly (squib kicks, on side kicks).

I'll take your word for it. I don't blame the players for not knowing this or thinking about it either.

That is news to me-- i always thought the difference between a punt and a kickoff was the live aspect of the ball. If you don't cover the kickoff, the other team can get possession. I guess it rarely comes up that someone would want to bother calling a fair catch since most kickoffs go very deep or hit the ground quickly (squib kicks, on side kicks).

I'll take your word for it. I don't blame the players for not knowing this or thinking about it either.

From the way Gruden put it, he intimated the players WERE aware of it but chose not to call it ........