• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU dealing with a little ugliness this week

Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

1f162bb9-e7f8-4be1-bad4-bc5cad2024a3-lar

Athletic administrators at Brigham Young University said Wednesday they have...
BYUStands.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A recent report says no racial slurs were heard during the BYU-Duke volleyball...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/banned-byu-fan-was-misidentified-as-person-who-yelled-slurs-at-duke-volleyball-player-police-say-010256249.html

VWXID5N7GVEEVB4S7RO45DMZWQ.JPG

BYU police say it doesn’t appear the man who was banned was the person...
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthu

Police report and an ESPN interview with Duke volleyball player add new...

I know there was some push back to my initial comment in this thread, and rightfully so. I don’t blame anyone for taking these allegations seriously. However, In the last day as the media has gotten a clearer picture from the students, police, and BYU Athletic Department, the story seems to come down to the Duke player mishearing something in the crowd. 

Our fans yell ‘Cougar’ as you can imagine, and also yell the names of the opposing players. Duke has a player named Nikki. There was likely some disconnect in one of those two things. The crowd of 5700 was also the biggest Duke has played against, the atmosphere likely had them on edge.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, BYUfan35 said:
1f162bb9-e7f8-4be1-bad4-bc5cad2024a3-lar

Athletic administrators at Brigham Young University said Wednesday they have...
BYUStands.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A recent report says no racial slurs were heard during the BYU-Duke volleyball...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/banned-byu-fan-was-misidentified-as-person-who-yelled-slurs-at-duke-volleyball-player-police-say-010256249.html

VWXID5N7GVEEVB4S7RO45DMZWQ.JPG

BYU police say it doesn’t appear the man who was banned was the person...
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthu

Police report and an ESPN interview with Duke volleyball player add new...

I know there was some push back to my initial comment in this thread, and rightfully so. I don’t blame anyone for taking these allegations seriously. However, In the last day as the media has gotten a clearer picture from the students, police, and BYU Athletic Department, the story seems to come down to the Duke player mishearing something in the crowd. 

Our fans yell ‘Cougar’ as you can imagine, and also yell the names of the opposing players. Duke has a player named Nikki. There was likely some disconnect in one of those two things. The crowd of 5700 was also the biggest Duke has played against, the atmosphere likely had them on edge.

Most of us with a brain knew there was no substance to the story, these false allegations happen so often that most of us our numb to it.  Looking forward to Saturday, I wish you the worst of luck 😀

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485
  • Days Won:  0

Since it turned out to be false and a non-story, would be great to just delete the whole thread?

• Upvote 1