• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

BYU dealing with a little ugliness this week

Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Oh I am saying I don't believe him. 

There is video of her serving, two of her teammates near her stopping and painting into the crowd.  And multiple Duke players complained, not just the one in question. 

This is the issue with BYU. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. 

after some googling there are enough recent incidents where this happens in Utah its hard to believe everyone is lying. Russell Westbrook and Ja Morant have both complained about Utah Jazz fans yelling racial slurs at them in the last couple years. Also found a story of Derek Fisher's 11 month old daughter getting eye cancer and Jazz fans chanting cancer whenever he touched the ball https://bleacherreport.com/articles/22893-utah-jazz-the-most-disgusting-fans-in-the-nba

Hard to give the benefit of the doubt given the track record

Edited by bulloni

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

15 minutes ago, BYUfan35 said:

My brother was at the game in the student section and said he didn’t hear anything of that nature at the game. Within 5 seats of the alleged slur usage was A group of black BYU basketball players who undoubtedly would have reported or dealt with it.

The godmother who broke the story also has a long twitter history of anti-white messages. She’s in the middle of a campaign in Texas, and wasn’t even at the game. BYU’s AD has spoken to every student, player, staff member at the game and no one else heard it besides the 1 Duke player. Not even her teammates have come out saying they heard Any slur. 

Im not saying it isn’t possible it happened. And if it did, it’s horrible and the person responsible deserves to be punished and any lack of response called out and fixed immediately. But the story just isn’t adding up. 

You need to take off those blue and white goggles. Every report I've read indicated that it happened. Your school banned one guy for life from any of your venues and your AD did a stern standup in front of the crowd at the next game. It happened. No excuses.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

I never thought much about BYU, but after seeing this incident - and then reading this fan trying to explain it away - I hope we beat them like Joseph Smith's rented mule on Saturday.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not here to defend racism, I’m abhorrently against it. And you guys are right, I may be reading too much into my brother’s experience in the student section from that game.

It’s an issue that I know the university is addressing in every conceivable way, and I am hopeful we can get it rooted out of our school and state. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BYUfan35 said:

I’m not here to defend racism, I’m abhorrently against it. And you guys are right, I may be reading too much into my brother’s experience in the student section from that game.

It’s an issue that I know the university is addressing in every conceivable way, and I am hopeful we can get it rooted out of our school and state. 

No one should be accusing you of defending racism. You are just sharing what your brother told you from his vantage point.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

My concern is that they validated what the person said enough to place an officer by the team bench (according to the article I read), but didn't see fit to remove the man from the stands.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

No one should be accusing you of defending racism. You are just sharing what your brother told you from his vantage point.

True, I would love to hear audio to validate this, there have been plenty of false accusations prior that have made some skeptical.  In this day and age with everyone having a recording device (phone), I am sure there has to be something out there if these accusations are true.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

So what does this all have to do with USF playing BYU in football?

Nothing, that is the reason the topic was given 1 star.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

True, I would love to hear audio to validate this, there have been plenty of false accusations prior that have made some skeptical.  In this day and age with everyone having a recording device (phone), I am sure there has to be something out there if these accusations are true.

Some people in the comments think you can hear something when she serves at end of game....but hard to make out really from this clip.