• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

26 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Like Cade Fortin. Yeah hopefully.

Not to invoke wrath or go off-topic, but Puc has brought up Scott’s ability to properly evaluate QB talent multiple times . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Not to invoke wrath or go off-topic, but Puc has brought up Scott’s ability to properly evaluate QB talent multiple times . . .

Like you said, 20-20 hindsight. Talent does not always equate to success on the field, facing live bullets and sometimes the only way to truly evaluate will make you look indecisive ....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully Gerry wraps it up quick...and then gets all first team reps. 

Timmy talent wise is pretty close to Gerry maybe even more talented.

But it takes more than just physical talent to be a good qb. You have to be a good field general, make good/fast decisions during the game and that is the area Timmy struggles (for now)....Hopefully if he stays here next year if Gerry leaves the game will have slowed down for him and then things start clicking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, bowman1 said:

The issue isn’t that he doesn’t always pick the right one it’s that he never picks one, he is not a decisive person and no person that is not decisive is a good leader. If he doesn’t believe in his decisions it’s laughable that he convinces anyone else to believe in them, especially when the results show he is right to not believe in himself.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Like you said, 20-20 hindsight. Talent does not always equate to success on the field, facing live bullets and sometimes the only way to truly evaluate will make you look indecisive ....

Like most things USF these days, what we are really discussing is confidence in CJS to do the following:

1) Recruit talent

2) Evaluate how that talent will perform on the field during live action 

3) Through his coaching staff, develop schemes and plays that put that talent in situations where they can maximize their abilities and thus excel on the field

It appears that CJS has accomplished #1 - I am not sold on the fact that he can effectively do #2 & #3 (2 & 3 translate to Ws & Ls)

For me, 2022 is a make or break year for CJS in regards to 2 & 3 (the make being 6 wins) and I will reserve my final judgment after all games have been played.  As I stated, I am cautiously optimistic that CJS has learned a few things and will be better this year with 2 & 3

Based on your responses, it seems like you are also not sold on 2 & 3, but you are not yet at a make or break point

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Like most things USF these days, what we are really discussing is confidence in CJS to do the following:

1) Recruit talent

2) Evaluate how that talent will perform on the field during live action 

3) Through his coaching staff, develop schemes and plays that put that talent in situations where they can maximize their abilities and thus excel on the field

It appears that CJS has accomplished #1 - I am not sold on the fact that he can effectively do #2 & #3 (2 & 3 translate to Ws & Ls)

For me, 2022 is a make or break year for CJS in regards to 2 & 3 (the make being 6 wins) and I will reserve my final judgment after all games have been played.  As I stated, I am cautiously optimistic that CJS has learned a few things and will be better this year with 2 & 3

Based on your responses, it seems like you are also not sold on 2 & 3, but you are not yet at a make or break point

Good assessment. Can't be sold on 2 & 3 until it actually happens ....... and I've got a pretty high threshold on make or break points. To be quite honest, I don't even want to think about, at this point in time, CJS not being the one and what would come from that. 2023 will be key if it doesn't happen this year.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

there really isnt a competition

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If anyone is sold on CJS then they are lying to themselves. 

im sold on cjs

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, smazza said:

im sold on cjs

Me too. He has totally changed the culture and has brought in a boatload of talent. My concern is keeping him long-term after the breakout season we are going to have this year.