• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

Timmy starting over Gerry would be a bigger upset than us winning in Gainesville. It’s all for looks right now. You don’t sign Gerry for him to sit. Nonsense. Timmy will have a great career at USF if he sticks with it. And he’ll be one twisted ankle away from starting.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

His football IQ was never in question.  He's been a student of the game since he was playing pee wee. 

It's his execution that was problematic as a true freshman.  i still believe he will end up being better than Flowers, Daniels, Grothe, Blackmon.  He needs time to learn, and I have to say sitting behind Bannon for one year could be just what he needs.

Yes! This is exactly what I am thinking too. Hope everything works out for all. Can’t wait as everything seems to be positive now. Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,214
  • Days Won:  25

Watch Gerry B highlights  at Baylor and watch the other players against g5 in marsh and McClain.  I don't think there really is any competition. The competition  is for the younger players to learn and develop for the future. We need to find a guy that can step in if Gerry B gets hurt.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is the key point. CJS does not want to lose Timmy to transfer and has to do and say the right things…and even that might not be enough. 

I think/hope that CJS has addressed that situation in private with TM, I think he mentioned that, and what we hear has little bearing on what may end up happening ...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Watch Gerry B highlights  at Baylor and watch the other players against g5 in marsh and McClain.  I don't think there really is any competition. The competition  is for the younger players to learn and develop for the future. We need to find a guy that can step in if Gerry B gets hurt.

Exactly. I think maybe QBTM needed/ needs to learn how to work in the off-season. It seems that QBGB is showing exactly the work ethic that the other qb’s need to see.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Exactly. I think maybe QBTM needed/ needs to learn how to work in the off-season. It seems that QBGB is showing exactly the work ethic that the other qb’s need to see.

Grit is more than work ethic. If I’m not mistaken it’s also about leadership? If Timmy is learning how to be more vocal then that could be why he’s not on the grit leaderboard. That also doesn’t mean he’s not right behind these guys. The grit leaderboard is only a leaderboard. It doesn’t define how everyone is performing.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

And if he had been decisive, picked the wrong one and stuck with him, we may have been 0-21. It's easy to appear indecisive when you don't have much to choose from. Having a qb the calibre of GB should help him avoid that "mistake" again ..... besides, the major factor leading to that 3-18 record was on the other side of the ball. We averaged 23 pts/gm on offense each year but gave up 40 pts and 35 pts respectively.

True - hindsight is 20/20 and our talent pool at QB under CJS has been shallow 

IMO, the 2020 starter should have been McCloud and 2021 McClain, without all the musical chairs.  Switching marginal QBs in and out does nothing to bolster confidence nor consistency.  Plus, Weis did little to help any of the QBs out - he did not seem to call plays based on the individual QBs abilities nor run plays designed to build momentum

With a single QB each year, we are still a bad team, but the win total probably goes up to 3-4 in 20 and 4-5 in 21 (assuming that the offense could have generated enough points to overcome the defensive issues as you pointed out)

Fortunately, Weis is gone, the QB talent has improved and CJS has stated that he will choose a starter early in camp

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, Rob-Bull said:

I think this competition was decided when the first GRIT scorecard came out. Bohanon has been like a permanent fixture on that scorecard.  Bohanon wants this starting QB job, expects this starting QB job, and has taken this starting QB job.

That’s the leader we need.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Whoever Scott picks, thank goodness that he is getting this over early, so that the coaches can dial-in the offense and the players can rally around the starter

Scott’s QB indecisiveness the past two seasons was one of the factors leading to his 3-18 record.  Hopefully he has learned from this mistake 

Like Cade Fortin. Yeah hopefully.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, bowman1 said:

True - hindsight is 20/20 and our talent pool at QB under CJS has been shallow 

IMO, the 2020 starter should have been McCloud and 2021 McClain, without all the musical chairs.  Switching marginal QBs in and out does nothing to bolster confidence nor consistency.  Plus, Weis did little to help any of the QBs out - he did not seem to call plays based on the individual QBs abilities nor run plays designed to build momentum

With a single QB each year, we are still a bad team, but the win total probably goes up to 3-4 in 20 and 4-5 in 21 (assuming that the offense could have generated enough points to overcome the defensive issues as you pointed out)

Fortunately, Weis is gone, the QB talent has improved and CJS has stated that he will choose a starter early in camp

Under the conditions of losing every game and getting NOTHING going, you MUST make a change. Find the gamer on your team and give them the chance under the bright lights. I don't think there is any benefit to continue doing something that isn't working after multiple games.