• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am still waiting on that cyclical change…

Matt Damon Grandpa GIF

Let’s keep things in perspective - they’ve lost 4 games in each of the past two seasons, were 6-7 in 2016 and 0-12 in 2015. In reality, if you look at the past 7 seasons, only 3 have been anything to write home about. They’re 15-8 since 2019 and 25-11 since 2018. Good, yes, but nothing special at all. In comparison to us recently they look great, but in the larger scheme they’ve been pretty pedestrian since 2019. If they’d played a UF team that gave a crap in the bowl game, they’d be coming off an 8-5 season with 5 wins against very bad teams (us, Navy, Bethune-Cookman, UConn and Temple) so I’m not sure why the hype is there.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Well kept secret .... it wasn't the undefeated season, bowl wins or national championships that got them the nod. It was their massive Internet presence, a huge army of Twitter ****heads. This is where we need to up our game, and although it may be tough to match their quantity of Tweetin' aholes, we could make up for that in quality. I'm thinking we can put Frisco out on Special Assignment as a Consultant.

Challenge accepted, I am a huge ******* and have been told this on multiple occasions, I will make TBP proud, thanks for believing in me Trips!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,260
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Challenge accepted, I am a huge ******* and have been told this on multiple occasions, I will make TBP proud, thanks for believing in me Trips!

No matter the result there will be an extension inbound.  I don't think anything is considered a failure by the athletics standard set by MK, JS, and BG. Have fun on twitter Friscobull .

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No matter the result there will be an extension inbound.  I don't think anything is considered a failure by the athletics standard set by MK, JS, and BG. Have fun on twitter Friscobull .

I actually have taken a few shots at JK on twitter in the past couple weeks and feel this is my calling however it may take me 3-4 years to really get in my groove so be patient, changing a culture doesn’t happen overnight.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,260
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I actually have taken a few shots at JK on twitter in the past couple weeks and feel this is my calling however it may take me 3-4 years to really get in my groove so be patient, changing a culture doesn’t happen overnight.

If you haven't accomplished anything by year 4  it is okay you started year one with monkey box  and covid back on the rise 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

Friendly reminder that UCF only has 6 wins against 24 ranked opponents in the last 20 years.

That's including their bowl games wins against morally defeated teams (Auburn coming off a loss to Georgia after already beating them earlier in the season, derailing their actual National Title hopes, and now a 6-6 Florida team whose coach just got fired right before the game for sucking).

So, they have 3 ranked regular season wins in 20 years. Talk about a powderpuff schedule. No wonder they've had a handful of winning seasons.

USF has played 44 ranked opponents in that same time frame and won 10 (practically the same win %, but much tougher schedule).  We also came extremely close to beating them during their NaTiOnAl TiTlE SeAsOn.

That said, they are now acting a lot like we were when we tried to "leave them behind" in 2009.

Edited by BULLSHTR

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Leave us.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Let’s keep things in perspective - they’ve lost 4 games in each of the past two seasons, were 6-7 in 2016 and 0-12 in 2015. In reality, if you look at the past 7 seasons, only 3 have been anything to write home about. They’re 15-8 since 2019 and 25-11 since 2018. Good, yes, but nothing special at all. In comparison to us recently they look great, but in the larger scheme they’ve been pretty pedestrian since 2019. If they’d played a UF team that gave a crap in the bowl game, they’d be coming off an 8-5 season with 5 wins against very bad teams (us, Navy, Bethune-Cookman, UConn and Temple) so I’m not sure why the hype is there.

It feels like a 1000 years…

• Haha 1