• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the event USF defeats Nationally Ranked BYU . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

26 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

It seems like the big play downfield really killed us. And guess what, our secondary is our youngest, most inexperienced defensive unit coming into this year. They will probably get burned a lot this season as well.

IF we somehow win this game, it will indeed be a big upset that shouldn't have happened rather than a formality. So keep that in mind coming into this game.

Completely agree with the second paragraph. As far as the first paragraph, I didn't watch that but I'm assuming that their qb had all day to throw which would heavily contribute to big plays downfield ....... and wasn't some of our experience hurt last year that will be there this year?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Expecting our Front 7 to help put pressure on their QB. This will help our DB's.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, E.T. said:

Expecting our Front 7 to help put pressure on their QB. This will help our DB's.

This has always been a recipe for success.  Including when the Bulls were great 🤔

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

. and wasn't some of our experience hurt last year that will be there this year?

Yes. 

7 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Yes. 

Don't mind Debbie Downers but if you're going to be one, just don't get real specific that can be refuted ..... like, I would be absolutely stunned if we win this game basically because I can't fathom going from 1 FBS win last year to beating a top 25 team coming out of the chute, no matter how much change there's been. You'd think that change needs some time acclimated ....... Obviously a win isn't impossible but highly improbable. Do agree with zarnoz about keeping things in perspective for this game. Improvement should be, hopefully, as the season progresses.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,378
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Ok, not to be a debbie-downer, but let's all slow down and re-watch last year's game. 

It seems like the big play downfield really killed us. And guess what, our secondary is our youngest, most inexperienced defensive unit coming into this year. They will probably get burned a lot this season as well.

IF we somehow win this game, it will indeed be a big upset that shouldn't have happened rather than a formality. So keep that in mind coming into this game.

Yikes.  I have to imagine there is some improvement in this area.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't mind Debbie Downers but if you're going to be one, just don't get real specific that can be refuted ..... like, I would be absolutely stunned if we win this game basically because I can't fathom going from 1 FBS win last year to beating a top 25 team coming out of the chute, no matter how much change there's been. You'd think that change needs some time acclimated ....... Obviously a win isn't impossible but highly improbable. Do agree with zarnoz about keeping things in perspective for this game. Improvement should be, hopefully, as the season progresses.

Take it FWIW, but ESPN has us with about a 35% chance of winning this game. I wouldn't quite call that highly improbable. The money line has been released an USF is +360, which implies odds of a USF win at 21.7%. There is definitely value in betting on the USF upset. 

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Take it FWIW, but ESPN has us with about a 35% chance of winning this game. I wouldn't quite call that highly improbable.

So mildly improbable?

Was there an explanation to go along with that? If there is, and it's defensively oriented, I can buy it a bit. If it's the GB factor, not feeling it yet.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, E.T. said:

Understand many don't expect our beloved BULLS to defeat the Cougars of BYU.

BUT . . . if/when we are winners - does your outlook of this 2022 team change?

Go BULLS !!!

Feels like the lead up to the Wisconsin Game a few seasons back.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

Looking at how we did against them last year on the road, I like our chances if our defense plays better.

• Upvote 1