• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s goal is to have 13-25% of the project include local, minority-owned businesses

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Just make it happen! USF First! 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

F woke!

NEB gave a much more thorough explanation and I am simply explaining what is being taught, I am still in the corporate world so I don’t opine on the issue one way or the other for fear of someone being offended.  I am keeping my head down and chugging toward the finish line bobbing and weaving to avoid being cancelled.   

• Like 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

47 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

NEB gave a much more thorough explanation and I am simply explaining what is being taught, I am still in the corporate world so I don’t opine on the issue one way or the other for fear of someone being offended.  I am keeping my head down and chugging toward the finish line bobbing and weaving to avoid being cancelled.   

lol I know what you mean. Think many of us are going through the same thing. Listen to Fake Woke or Cancelled by Tom MacDonald and it will open up people’s minds. No more of this divisive woke stuff. USF first! Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

30 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Do you know how many times somebody asked me if I played football?

I'm tall and was always asked if I played basketball.  I got asked that likely thousands of time.  It's worse for my 6'10" friend.

So let me get this straight you were unathletic and someone asked you if you played football?  What about badminton?  Unathletic and skinny and that was the best question you got?  I haven't seen many unathletic and skinny guys out there.  Strange question to ask.

Not to go too far off topic.  I'd also add that the capitalistic system - the very same system the Left hypes as evil - is the exact reason I have people of all colors and sizes in my area of responsibility.  We hire the best to produce the best.  Most places I have worked over the last 40 years operated in the same way.  In doing so, have achieved a strong workforce and are beyond any imposed diversity, equity quotas.  

But we are dealing with a University, likely a purveyor of much of the groupthink and churning out degrees in such social justice, strife, and structures.  It's too bad every situation is assumed to be harboring discrimination when that is not true.  With that sort of thinking it will never truly be resolved in the interest of those hurt by true discrimination.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm tall and was always asked if I played basketball.  I got asked that likely thousands of time.  It's worse for my 6'10" friend.

So let me get this straight you were unathletic and someone asked you if you played football?  What about badminton?  Unathletic and skinny and that was the best question you got?  I haven't seen many unathletic and skinny guys out there.  Strange question to ask.

Not to go too far off topic.  I'd also add that the capitalistic system - the very same system the Left hypes as evil - is the exact reason I have people of all colors and sizes in my area of responsibility.  We hire the best to produce the best.  Most places I have worked over the last 40 years operated in the same way.  In doing so, have achieved a strong workforce and are beyond any imposed diversity, equity quotas.  

But we are dealing with a University, likely a purveyor of much of the groupthink and churning out degrees in such social justice, strife, and structures.  It's too bad every situation is assumed to be harboring discrimination when that is not true.  With that sort of thinking it will never truly be resolved in the interest of those hurt by true discrimination.

OH BOY HERE WE GO

:hijack:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Haha I won't comment because the moment I do threads tend to get moved.  

That being said, I am excited for the stadium!  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

54 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I've had white coworkers whom I worked with for 2 years, went to lunch with, get fired for going on a racist rant about Black people. 

That is odd that you have had more than one or even one for that matter, sounds like a toxic workplace.  How many black people did you go to lunch with that have been fired for going on a racist rant about white people?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

Anecdotes are great, but there have been decades of studies that show that implicit bias is a real thing and adversely impacts minorities. I don't pretend to know the solution to solving the problem, but we can't just sit here and act like it doesn't exist.  

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, Brad said:

You are TALL...a common trait of basketball players. I was skinny w/o much muscle tone (I hit the gym my 2nd year and resolved that lol ) and got the football question A LOT. To me, "imposed diversity" is just ensuring that you at least take a look or give an opportunity to minorities (which is not just Black people). To me if you are giving all people an equal chance, then you will naturally have a diverse workforce without even trying. And just like you stated, you will probably even have more diversity than what is required.  

• Upvote 1