• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

News: USF Bulls Set To Benefit From Additional $7M Pledge From Carol And Frank Morsani

Brad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Days Won:  12

Amazing. So what is the tally of big $ so far? Vinik 5, Morsanis 7, Mumas 5 or something like that if I am not mistaken. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Get some Bitcoin investors in 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Amazing. So what is the tally of big $ so far? Vinik 5, Morsanis 7, Mumas 5 or something like that if I am not mistaken. 

This latest donation from the Morsanis is not athletics related. They previously announced $5M for the stadium, same for Vinik. I’m not aware of any other gifts made public at this point for the OCS. No gift yet from the Mumas that I’ve heard.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This latest donation from the Morsanis is not athletics related. They previously announced $5M for the stadium, same for Vinik. I’m not aware of any other gifts made public at this point for the OCS. No gift yet from the Mumas that I’ve heard.

Yes, that is what I gathered from the article, not sure why a thread was started in the athletics section, hopefully the other mod moves the article to avoid confusion 😀

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, that is what I gathered from the article, not sure why a thread was started in the athletics section, hopefully the other mod moves the article to avoid confusion 😀

From the article ....

Tampa, FL - The USF Bulls football program is set to benefit from another cash injection from Carol and Frank Morsani,

The Morsanis gifted $5 million to support the university’s on-campus stadium earlier this year and, just recently, an additional $7 million was pledged. 

The latter will benefit students and athletes, as well as other folks within the uni’s community. The football program will be among the ones positively impacted by the generous donation. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From the article ....

Tampa, FL - The USF Bulls football program is set to benefit from another cash injection from Carol and Frank Morsani,

The Morsanis gifted $5 million to support the university’s on-campus stadium earlier this year and, just recently, an additional $7 million was pledged. 

The latter will benefit students and athletes, as well as other folks within the uni’s community. The football program will be among the ones positively impacted by the generous donation. 

Unless it’s part of the “Morsani Scholars” the university’s release doesn’t mention athletics . . . 

morsani-listing.png

Latest gift will advance geriatrics, business and provide student scholarships. Combined with $5 million announced in March for an...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Unless it’s part of the “Morsani Scholars” the university’s release doesn’t mention athletics . . . 

It may or not include any Athletics but the article says it does, which is why it was posted here .... probably shouldn't have included you in the Quote but instead just answered the person who supposedly read the article. :shade:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It auto-posted here.  It can be moved to alma mater board too.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From the article ....

The first 5 million yes which we already knew.  The latter will benefit geriatrics, business and student scholarships.  (Not sure how this benefits the football program), but whatever.