• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bearcats sell out of season tickets

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, it's never just facilities.  However, we can speculate both ways that Leavitt wouldn't have plateaued at 8 or 9 wins and Cash Tag may have stayed longer had he seen a serious commitment to the program.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, it's never just facilities.  However, we can speculate both ways that Leavitt wouldn't have plateaued at 8 or 9 wins and Cash Tag may have stayed longer had he seen a serious commitment to the program.

I'm not sure if CJL could have squeezed any more out of the football program than he did but maybe an IPF would have helped in that regard. There definitely should have been some serious discussions about one after the bringing up of the other needed sports facilities to the 21st century ... and the only way Willie stays is if we were in a P5 and that wasn't happening.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

and the only way Willie stays is if we were in a P5 and that wasn't happening.

I knew you'd say that.  That's the thing with pure speculation, you don't know.  And had we pursued what it took to position ourselves for a P5 jump, maybe we would have been.  

Unfortunately, it was pretty clear we didn't have serious people at the helm that had any desire to get us there.  They were just fine with feeling they'd been relegated to G5 horrors.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I knew you'd say that.  That's the thing with pure speculation, you don't know.  And had we pursued what it took to position ourselves for a P5 jump, maybe we would have been.  

Unfortunately, it was pretty clear we didn't have serious people at the helm that had any desire to get us there.  They were just fine with feeling they'd been relegated to G5 horrors.

Of course it's all speculation and maybe if MK had been here ten years ago things would have been different. Maybe he would have been better then at squeezing blood out of a rock as he is now but no matter what, I doubt we're in a better place five years later than a program like Oregon ..... One thing I will say is that in the 10 years since the relegation, it's given the USF students/fans who "grew up" with USF football time to get to a place where they're more able financially to contribute the way programs need, Faza being a great example ........ hopefully, anyway.