• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Upcoming Jersey Countdown to Kickoff

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

You may remember this comment from E.T. from about a month ago:

On 4/5/2022 at 7:51 AM, E.T. said:

99 Days Before September 3, 2022 Will Be Friday, May 27, 2022

Less than two months until TheBullsPen.com does our annual football countdown of jersey numbers . . . I enjoy this and it's fun to look back at some pioneers of our team.

Go BULLS !!! 

In about five days, that countdown will begin - when we are 99 days out from kickoff against BYU.

It's a simple countdown of players that have played in each jersey number.  I think the first run through the numbers was in 2007, but we last did it in 2017. 

Titles in the past have been:

Countdown to Football: Player #XX (2007)

XX days to kickoff - The top at each number, jersey #XX  (2014)

Less than XX day to Bulls kickoff, Greatest USF Bull to wear jersey #XX?  (2016)

Best to Wear #99 - #1 Summary (update 8/20) (2017)

The page from 2017, and the summary provided is nice.  If I can keep up I will do that again.  I appreciate any help.

Actually looking at those old threads will show you what can come out of them. At the height of the board, 2007, there was a lot of discussion on each player number because of peak fan participation and many had knowledge of players from 1997 - on.

We don't have many that have been around since 1997, so I think we'll go with FAVORITE rather than GREATEST or BEST to wear the number.  Any other suggestions?

The most important thing is that readers engage in the thread, vote for your favorite (which may also be the best) and explain why, or recollect a memory or statistic from a game.  Have some discussion, exchange memories.  reignite some passion!

Obviously, there will be a thread per day, please check in and contribute to this walk through of our past players on our way to our 2022 season.

Please provide any feedback or ideas promptly.  I will need to get started on building these threads soon.

Thanks!

• Go Bulls! 1