• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Crowdfund Efforts at The Bulls Pen

Which Bar Should The Bulls Pen Sponsor?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Despite the fact that we are in the lowest traffic period of the calendar year, I plan to run some crowdfunding efforts over the next four months.  Perhaps next year the timing will be better.  I want to disclose these efforts in a thread here, so that you are aware and can help in these efforts where you can and how you see fit to do so.

Three things that have been on my mind are involved.  

First, the USF Alumni 2022 Bulls Block Party.  Members helped support the effort back in 2018 and The Bulls Pen, for the first time, sponsored a bar at the event in Ybor City.  Feedback was great!  Some of our members handed out TBP gifts and info at our table.  It was a good time and TBP was introduced to other Bulls.  We did not participate in 2019 and then the pandemic wiped out the last two.  This season it has moved closer to the season and will be held August 20.  I would like TBP to sponsor again and ask your help in funding the $1000 sponsor fee.  I think this BBP will be better than any....so close to football!

Secondly, Bulls Football Player(s) NIL sponsorship.  I'm not a fan of NIL and what it can mean to CFB, but we can step up and support a USF Football player that can in turn support our community and fans - and do it in an honest and transparent way.  I'd like you to consider contributing to having at least one player supplemented by The Bulls Pen.  I believe this will help us grow more USF Bulls fans in the stadium and online while providing support and another connection to our Bulls athletes.

Third, show our support for the on-campus stadium and Bulls Club Annual Fund.  It's time to start putting in.  Many have asked for a way to contribute smaller amounts or unscheduled amounts in support of the stadium or the potential movement to a P5 conference.  This crowdfund would do just that.  We need a strong balance sheet to build the stadium and to join the P5.  I would be honored if you joined me in donating to these efforts through The Bulls Pen.  All monies go to USF, but our online community has the satisfaction of knowing we were a part. 

These efforts will be rolled out sequentially, but some will overlap/run at the same time.  While I'd like multiple donations to each effort, I realize we all have limits.  That is why I am putting this out here now.  The crowdfunding efforts will go in order listed.  I ask for your support in our effort as an online community to support these.

You should be able to see "Crowdfunding" link above in the title bar under "browse"  It is also linked here: https://www.thebullspen.com/crowdfunding/

image.png

Only the first effort in crowdfunding projects shows right now, but they will all soon be ready to go.  This application has not been used in about three years, so while I will donate as a test, if you have any issues, please let me know.

Obviously you can help by donating, but you can also help by bringing some Bulls back to the herd.  We have a whole new season to look forward to and optimism should flourish.  I will be messaging recently inactive members as well.   Let's start making some noise.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

Update:

• Donations via PayPal or Stripe are working.  After clicking on Donate button, you'll be asked for an amount then proceed to checkout page.  Once there you will see two very popular payment systems:
    image.png
    On PayPal you can donate from your PayPal account or a credit card.  Stripe allows you to donate from credit card directly.

• All credit card fees will be paid by the site, from ad revenue or prior donations to site.  If you drop $25 dollars, $25 goes.  Everything to the cause.
  • The ability to donate to the site is removed so that there is no confusion.  If you wish to support the site, please consider a subscription.
  • 2022 Bulls Block Party campaign is now open - the payment goes to the USF Alumni AssociationNIL Support and OCS will begin in that order later.  NIL campaign will wrap up just before season start.  The OCS will carry throughout the first part of the season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Lets Make a Difference BullsPenners! 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Update:

• Donations via PayPal or Stripe are working.  After clicking on Donate button, you'll be asked for an amount then proceed to checkout page.  Once there you will see two very popular payment systems:
    image.png
    On PayPal you can donate from your PayPal account or a credit card.  Stripe allows you to donate from credit card directly.

• All credit card fees will be paid by the site, from ad revenue or prior donations to site.  If you drop $25 dollars, $25 goes.  Everything to the cause.
  • The ability to donate to the site is removed so that there is no confusion.  If you wish to support the site, please consider a subscription.
  • 2022 Bulls Block Party campaign is now open - the payment goes to the USF Alumni AssociationNIL Support and OCS will begin in that order later.  NIL campaign will wrap up just before season start.  The OCS will carry throughout the first part of the season. 

I can just see the fun when we try to decide which player gets the NIL money.  

• Haha 2

It will be board choice, so brace for the fun!

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Brad said:

It will be board choice, so brace for the fun!

Let's make Freshmen only eligible. That way by time we make a decision they'll be a junior. 😁 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,455
  • Days Won:  13

For the NIL, how do we intend to use the name, image, or likeness?  For example, will we ask the player if we can use a photo to promote the site?

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

For the NIL, how do we intend to use the name, image, or likeness?  For example, will we ask the player if we can use a photo to promote the site?

That would be an option.  I have seen some sites using athletes to make posts on other social media to join the sponsored site, and take part in a discussion there.  Still researching, but ideally, I'd like to see some interaction on here for members and non-members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I just remembered from long before NIL, I may have been an exploiter!!  Here was the old masthead of this site (circa 2000):

image.png

I'll need to look up Marquel and see what he expects in NIL $$ these days!! 

If we had some good graphics work done we could put the player on our site like that.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

Donated

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1