• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, E.T. said:
USFL-Ball-e1649202781322.jpeg

The kick off for the USFL's inaugural season is just 11 days away, which means it's time to look at the betting favorites for the winner of the

11 days away huh?  And yet I've heard nothing locally about this Bandits team or the league in general.  But hey its football, and I'll probably try to watch some of it.  Loved the old Bandits back in the day.  Highly doubt this new league will match anything close to the interest level from the 1980s.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Meh, I don’t care, It’s the closest to me. I wouldn’t get too worked up, this thing won’t last long. Anyways I’ll be too busy going to Fenway and watching the Red Sox and following the NY Rangers in the playoffs to probably really care. 

Definitely more interested in Baseball and Hockey.  Should be a loaded AL East this year.....and getting a little concerned about the Lightning's chances this postseason.  They don't look the same.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,562
  • Days Won:  29

3 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

11 days away huh?  And yet I've heard nothing locally about this Bandits team or the league in general.  But hey its football, and I'll probably try to watch some of it.  Loved the old Bandits back in the day.  Highly doubt this new league will match anything close to the interest level from the 1980s.

Yeah . . . will ALL games played in Birmingham, don't think any other local cities are hyping it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

Definitely more interested in Baseball and Hockey.  Should be a loaded AL East this year.....and getting a little concerned about the Lightning's chances this postseason.  They don't look the same.

They are hurt and cruising  to the playoffs. Cutting  stars minutes and giving the 3/4 Lines more minutes. Also losing McD before the playoffs hurts but he will  be back and ready. Remember when we were the number one seed and got swept by the blue jackets. Regular season doesn't mean much in hockey if you make the playoffs. 

On 4/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Outlaw said:

They are hurt and cruising  to the playoffs. Cutting  stars minutes and giving the 3/4 Lines more minutes. Also losing McD before the playoffs hurts but he will  be back and ready. Remember when we were the number one seed and got swept by the blue jackets. Regular season doesn't mean much in hockey if you make the playoffs. 

Yeah I get it.....just not use to these stretches of 3 and 4 game losing streaks.  They are only in Wild Card position now.  Honestly there are a lot of other teams in the East that look better and are playing better than the Bolts right now.....but to your point, we could turn it on and make a deep run in the playoffs......or get bounced in the first round.  Neither would surprise me.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:02 AM, E.T. said:

Yeah . . . will ALL games played in Birmingham, don't think any other local cities are hyping it.

I wish I had one of those old Bandits shirts.....I'll have to go online and try to find one.  The old ones were cool, and the new ones are pretty similar.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On 4/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Outlaw said:

3 hours ago, JonesyBucs said:

Yeah I get it.....just not use to these stretches of 3 and 4 game losing streaks.  They are only in Wild Card position now.  Honestly there are a lot of other teams in the East that look better and are playing better than the Bolts right now.....but to your point, we could turn it on and make a deep run in the playoffs......or get bounced in the first round.  Neither would surprise me.

However, the Lightening have played a lot more games than other teams in the past three years. That does play a role in a league where the top teams are not separated by much. That being said I sure as hell hope my NY Rangers don’t meet up with Tampa in the first round. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

However, the Lightening have played a lot more games than other teams in the past three years. That does play a role in a league where the top teams are not separated by much. That being said I sure as hell hope my NY Rangers don’t meet up with Tampa in the first round. 

Good point, they also played a lot of games in the last month. No one will want to draw them in the playoffw.

I guess it's official.  The Bandits have a mascot.  They are debating whether to call him Smoky the Bandit, or Burt (in honor of Burt Reynolds owning the original team), among others.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I hear ya....The  Lightning, maybe not our best team ever......do you don't want.  This team, although not playing great is very dangerous and know how to win in the playoffs.