• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Clemson has plateaued

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Since you went off topic with Clemson, I’m curious what the board thinks about CJS and family decked out in Clemson gear at their bowl game.  I get that it’s his alma mater, but he could thrown on a USF hat or something.

image.jpeg.1e2292f4640e2b4d45531710aec61477.jpeg

A House Divided. His USF apparel is Green but his blood/roots are Clemson Orange.                     Hopefully, he was sniffing around for a new OC ??  Or, trying to get his old job back ??

Possibly, we should just merge the 2 universities and have a North campus and a South campus 🤔

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

No problem at all . . . it's his school and no problem cheering for them on a family/birthday celebration New Year's Weekend. 

I don’t mind him cheering them on or going to the game.  I do mind him not having any USF gear on.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Since you went off topic with Clemson, I’m curious what the board thinks about CJS and family decked out in Clemson gear at their bowl game.  I get that it’s his alma mater, but he could thrown on a USF hat or something.

I must say I initially cringed to this when I saw it on Tweeter. But after thinking about it I am not too upset about it. I mean really, what is going to happen 1/3 of our 20k fan base is going to get upset? 😂😂. But seriously, it is his alma mater, he is visiting old friends and family, and seeing his old staff. Wearing a USF polo would have been just as cringe worthy. A better play would have been to go neutral. He tried a little to do this with the “light” orange. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

He isn't wearing a Clemson logo at all, just a light orange shirt that isn't even the correct shade for Clemson.  People just want to get upset about everything these days. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Good for him. 

If anyone is questioning his dedication to USF at this point there is nothing Jeff will do within reason to convince them. 

Jeff is our guy. He will turn the program around. All this hyper-obsession with who he is hiring, what colors he is wearing, this irrational fear that is never going to win here and then bolt after next year (as if those 2 things can even be true at the same time)... it's 100% nonsense. 

The fact that Clemson's down year consisted of a ranking, 10 wins, and a bowl win is EXACTLY why I want Jeff here. He knows what that looks like at the PROGRAM level, not at the level of 1 team, for 1 year.  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Must be nice to plateau at 11 wins or more five years in row…

Ill take that any day over 1 FBS win in two years from the  co-oc from Clemson who didn't even call plays.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Good for him. 

If anyone is questioning his dedication to USF at this point there is nothing Jeff will do within reason to convince them. 

Jeff is our guy. He will turn the program around. All this hyper-obsession with who he is hiring, what colors he is wearing, this irrational fear that is never going to win here and then bolt after next year (as if those 2 things can even be true at the same time)... it's 100% nonsense. 

The fact that Clemson's down year consisted of a ranking, 10 wins, and a bowl win is EXACTLY why I want Jeff here. He knows what that looks like at the PROGRAM level, not at the level of 1 team, for 1 year.  

He knows what it is like to be there, but I don't think he really had much to do with it. He is having trouble here and losing both of his guys he hired for coordinators originally. Lets hope the new OC and DC can turn this around. CJS just uses coach talk and isn't producing on the field. He needs to turn this coach talk into actual coaching and bowl or get on the bus out of town next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

If he had just coached there, I'd have a problem with it. The fact that he's an alumnus, much ado about nothing ...... we can definitely be too ******* thin skinned at times.

Hopefully it's the last time for awhile he can go to one of their bowl games ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If he had just coached there, I'd have a problem with it. The fact that he's an alumnus, much ado about nothing ...... we can definitely be too ******* thin skinned at times.

Hopefully it's the last time for awhile he can go to one of their bowl games ...

That was exactly my thought, more disappointed he is getting paid 7 digits to go watch his alma mater in a bowl game instead of coaching his current team in one.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

They'll find some good coordinators I suspect. Apparently, Dabo has been handing out cash under the table to his staff for years. That was the reason why he was able to keep the staff together for so long.