• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The “Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think we were talking about a rivalry, I sure wasn't.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think we were talking about a rivalry, I sure wasn't.

I guess the way I viewed it was that we have a thread discussing our collective disinterest in that program.  But throughout the years the evidence points to the contrary.  The contrary is what makes a rival.  We have always been interested, We do care, we do compare, we do hope for their demise.  I certainly do anyway.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

36 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

This is how true rivalries work, blind hatred that can’t be manufactured.  This is why our rivalry with Miami never took root… you just can’t make something be.  Truth be told we should never have agreed to play them after we left CUSA.  I have always been torn on the benefit of having a true rival vs the benefit they received from playing us and the blinders it put on our administration, especially regarding an OCS.  They leaped out in front of us regarding facilities and we got stuck in a paralyzing game of “one-upsmanship.”  Judy knew what she was doing as far as trying to minimize them.  Wish she would have done more on that front.  

We control our own destiny regardless of what UCF does. In the end, this is football...a man's sport. There is nothing "manly" about "not playing a team" or "voting against them joining a conference". This is "entertainment". That's like an MMA fighter voting against letting another fighter join the UFC because he dont "like" the guy. Another person’s success has nothing to do with our success unless they personally beat us in a game for it. We had the SAME if not BETTER opportunities to have the same if not MORE success than UCF. We just didn’t capitalize and that’s ok. We can’t change the past, but we can change the present so that we have a better future my friend. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

🤣 Its like they are doing better than us and still bitter. We own a lot of real estate in their heads. 

That's the **** truth .... to the point of one of them making up **** about us, on this board, discussing how UF was going to destroy them when there was very little talk about the game at all here and any threads started about it were moved to the appropriate location because it wasn't about USF Athletics ..... even though some whiners kept wanting to make it that way.

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We control our own destiny regardless of what UCF does. In the end, this is football...a man's sport. There is nothing "manly" about "not playing a team" or "voting against them joining a conference". This is "entertainment". That's like an MMA fighter voting against letting another fighter join the UFC because he dont "like" the guy. Another person’s success has nothing to do with our success unless they personally beat us in a game for it. We had the SAME if not BETTER opportunities to have the same if not MORE success than UCF. We just didn’t capitalize and that’s ok. We can’t change the past, but we can change the present so that we have a better future my friend. 

I can appreciate your example but it is an extreme oversimplification.  From recruits, to academics, to politics, etc., a healthy and thriving central is bad for us.  Our administration failed us in that regard.  Instead of acknowledging that we were losing an arms race with central (for years) and doing something about it, our administration sat on their hands and just hoped everything would be better.  It is all hindsight and spilt milk now.  I do agree that the future is what we have to look forward to.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I guess the way I viewed it was that we have a thread discussing our collective disinterest in that program.  But throughout the years the evidence points to the contrary.  The contrary is what makes a rival.  We have always been interested, We do care, we do compare, we do hope for their demise.  I certainly do anyway.  

The way the thread started was stop ******** on our own team because we are giving c ammunition  to revel in our demise.  My thought is I don’t care much about what some on this board think so why would I care about what their fans think.  I would never view their board because I don’t give 2 violation  about them.  Them beating an apathetic Gator team in an irrelevant bowl did not get my panties all bunched up.  Maybe some of this is due to the state of our program while most is because they just don’t matter.  This is not sour grapes but pure apathy toward them.  

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The way the thread started was stop ******** on our own team because we are giving c ammunition  to revel in our demise.  My thought is I don’t care much about what some on this board think so why would I care about what their fans think.  I would never view their board because I don’t give 2 violation  about them.  Them beating an apathetic Gator team in an irrelevant bowl did not get my panties all bunched up.  Maybe some of this is due to the state of our program while most is because they just don’t matter.  This is not sour grapes but pure apathy toward them.  

Perhaps I projected my own feelings into the original intent of the thread.  That being said, I don’t know how a true Bull can be apathetic to central with the history we have.  If it was us with the football series lead and headed to the Power 5, I would love to read their distraught takes.   

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

If it was us with the football series lead and headed to the Power 5, I would love to read their distraught takes.   

So you spent a lot of time on their boards back in the early 2000's?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

52 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Perhaps I projected my own feelings into the original intent of the thread.  That being said, I don’t know how a true Bull can be apathetic to central with the history we have.  If it was us with the football series lead and headed to the Power 5, I would love to read their distraught takes.   

Of course I would rather they lose but I have no interest in going on their board and following their fans reactions.  

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

I can appreciate your example but it is an extreme oversimplification.  From recruits, to academics, to politics, etc., a healthy and thriving central is bad for us.  Our administration failed us in that regard.  Instead of acknowledging that we were losing an arms race with central (for years) and doing something about it, our administration sat on their hands and just hoped everything would be better.  It is all hindsight and spilt milk now.  I do agree that the future is what we have to look forward to.  

The only real arms race we lost, that matters, is coaching hires and/or not supporting that coach, Skip specifically ... although I will give you the IPF ball was dropped and should have been a priority after the initial facility upgrades way back when ...