• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

CBG is catching the compounded frustration of the fall sports falling flat, especially football. That loaded barrel is aimed at him and if the team doesn’t perform well the calls will only get louder

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

The good news is we've learned how to make free throws 84%.

The bad news is we've unlearned how to make 3's 22%.

The other bad news is that free throws are still 1 point and 3's are still, well, 3 points.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Probably not, but We are all disappointed in this team.  I really like BG and really support him but something needs to change soon or I think it might be time to hit the reset button yet again.  We have too much talent to struggle against the teams we have lost to and the ones we have barely beaten.  They said on the radio that they will do a self scouting and make some changes here at the break.  Hope we see some lineup changes and more up tempo going forward.  McCreary needs more minutes so does Matos.  We need to find at least one player that can consistently hit the open 3.  Lots to work on in a short period of time

Not sure what you've seen in Matos or McCreary that makes you think they are difference makers. 

It amazes me how other teams catch a pass and shoot while our guys catch and appear to have time but pump fake and then reset the offense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure what you've seen in Matos or McCreary that makes you think they are difference makers. 

It amazes me how other teams catch a pass and shoot while our guys catch and appear to have time but pump fake and then reset the offense.

They haven't been given many minutes.  But I see the potential and think they can give some passion thats missing.  also their inside presence will open up more space for open 3's. I like a rotation  with 2 of the 3 in most times (third being Tchewa).  Himes needs more minutes.  And figure out who is a better matchup with Chaplin and Boggs splitting time at the 3.  Patrick and Green playing the 2 spot.  Smith and Boggs in my mind need less minutes.  Need to speed things up off missed baskets.  Maybe even throw in some full court press to take advantage of their depth.  Lots and lots to implement but its early and before conference play begins.  Agree we do we to much pump and reset of the offense.  We do way too much of the weave up top.  If you are a shooter you should be going up with the open 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Days Won:  12

This thread is puzzling. Are we really 1 coach away from competing for an AAC championship in MBB?

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:

This thread is puzzling. Are we really 1 coach away from competing for an AAC championship in MBB?

There were some people who follow USFBB very closely that were extremely confident that BG was that guy. Just a few years ago there were all the “wait until BB season” and “we are a BB school” posts. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bcgruber said:

Probably not, but We are all disappointed in this team.  I really like BG and really support him but something needs to change soon or I think it might be time to hit the reset button yet again.  We have too much talent to struggle against the teams we have lost to and the ones we have barely beaten.  They said on the radio that they will do a self scouting and make some changes here at the break.  Hope we see some lineup changes and more up tempo going forward.  McCreary needs more minutes so does Matos.  We need to find at least one player that can consistently hit the open 3.  Lots to work on in a short period of time

BG has already soured on Matos. I don’t think he even played tonight and I suspect he will get little playing time going forward. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, hm101 said:

No, but we are one coach away from getting to at least .500 more than once every five years…

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

So CBG is garbage and CJS is great?Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 1