• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How does USF raise money for athletics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

USF Athletics? It's a struggle. I don't ask for UF levels of donations, but UCF wiped us in this category. MK has slowly been improving athletics donations, but we have a ways to go. At least our endowment is pretty sweet.

i've heard people allude to the previous admin directing donations to areas other than athletics, any truth to that?

We've raised over 100 million in private donations 3 years in a row, getting people to open their pocket books isn't the issue. its getting them to do it for athletics

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, bulloni said:

i've heard people allude to the previous admin directing donations to areas other than athletics, any truth to that?

We've raised over 100 million in private donations 3 years in a row, getting people to open their pocket books isn't the issue. its getting them to do it for athletics

I've heard rumors to that as well.  But I also know of some Iron Bulls who redirected their money during the Mark Harlan years.  

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, Paisa el Toro said:

USF Athletics? It's a struggle. I don't ask for UF levels of donations, but UCF wiped us in this category. MK has slowly been improving athletics donations, but we have a ways to go. At least our endowment is pretty sweet.

michael-scott-the-office.gif.aaf4485d60e16866eaf097ea5dbbfcd9.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

On 12/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, bulloni said:

That is why you need a president and AD to lobby the big fish to donate specifically to athletics. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I honestly don't know anymore either. They seem to keep jumping between USF and South Florida.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, chrisdashley said:

I honestly don't know anymore either. They seem to keep jumping between USF and South Florida.

Everyone I speak to up here ALWAYS says USF. The folks at BC I spoke with always said USF when discussing the university. Again, South Florida is a destination not a name. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

When I want to waste money I just buy spy puts or do elaborate 10 game parlays. Can't imagine donating to an organization that has failed so miserably. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

When I want to waste money I just buy spy puts or do elaborate 10 game parlays. Can't imagine donating to an organization that has failed so miserably. 

You really should be pushed…

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

On 12/6/2021 at 7:09 AM, Outlaw said:

That is why you need a president and AD to lobby the big fish to donate specifically to athletics. 

Mr. Momberg said it best, to get the people to donate you must lead the way and show your donations.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

So everyone should pout and bail now, when things finally appear to actually be happening? Won't that just ensure failure rather than help create the success? I wish we would've built an OCS 10-15 years ago, but I'll **** sure take one now vs. never.

• Upvote 1