• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Current Fans Need to be Recruiters FOR MORE FANS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, Outlaw said:

Do they not offer busses to the students? We also came early to tailgate when I was a student there and had one friend that actually did drink drive us home. 

They do.  Apparently, they are not too popular with the students (according to what I have heard).  With public transportation comes inconveniences like having to come/go when the bus is running.   Can't bring tailgating stuff with you, etc.  On campus, they could just roll out of bed and make their way over to to the tailgate lots and then stumble to the stadium and back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Ann Arbor Michigan is another great experience.  I attended a game at the Big House in the early 2000's and that entire city shut down on game day (they played Iowa). There were so many parties and tailgates going on, it was like a music festival.  What fantastic atmosphere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

They do.  Apparently, they are not too popular with the students (according to what I have heard).  With public transportation comes inconveniences like having to come/go when the bus is running.   Can't bring tailgating stuff with you, etc.  On campus, they could just roll out of bed and make their way over to to the tailgate lots and then stumble to the stadium and back.

It's all about perspective and want to. NCSU has student parking AND runs buses to their off campus sports venues, football and basketball. Where there's a will there's a way which we saw back in the BE days ...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,507
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with this sentiment, but why should it be my job to promote the school and reach out to the community? Our school as not fostered any kind of relationship outside of its borders

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,558
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This university has a history of being a commuter school and they’ve done a good job of moving away from that, however, playing your home games at Ray Jay makes the football team still feel like a commuter program.

Hopefully all of this OCS talk will materialize in to something.  If we totally want to shake the commuter school culture an OCS is needed.  

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he's a USF fan . . . he used the "c" word also ... "commuter" - the OCS will greatly change that stigma.

Go BULLS !!! 

• Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,558
  • Days Won:  29

Most college towns are the size of Lakeland and it IS the event for the entire city. The university is the largest employer and people grown up cheering for the team.

USF has a major city to compete with, like Miami, Atlanta . . .

We know our challenges - need to keep charging!

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

You're the first person I have heard call the game day experience bad from this prior season. 

Marketing does deserve some appreciation for a vastly improved in game experience. The winning is going to come, which will make it all the better.

every road trip was great

the game day experience was great

the games not so great

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

Unfortunately, except for very rare occasions, I used to have a hard time convincing anyone to come with me to use by 8 midfield football tickets or my midcourt basketball tickets even when there was convenient parking, free food and beer included.  Some tickets are a tough sell.  Others are a tough giveaway.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I agree with this sentiment, but why should it be my job to promote the school and reach out to the community?

Nobody said it was your job. Just something else we can do to help out if we want to ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,507
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nobody said it was your job. Just something else we can do to help out if we want to ....

I guess you’re right. I get my dad and brother to the games (not USF alums). Same with my wife (also not an alum). I have friends in Colorado that follow us because I went there, that is about all the converts that I have

• Go Bulls! 1