• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Current Fans Need to be Recruiters FOR MORE FANS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Thanks, E.T. for taking a positive step.  It's so much easier just to sit around and complain.  I appreciate your continued enthusiasm and passion for USF Football - you too are celebrating your personal Silver Stampede as a Bulls fan and supporter!

Grave experience for Thembalethu bull | George Herald

Not gonna keep me down!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

It's a very tough sell...everyone likes a winner. 

My daughter age 6 enjoys going so I think the angle might be for some is quality time out with kids.  Wish they had a family section (maybe they do)... one where Rocky visits more often and maybe face painting...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

You're the first person I have heard call the game day experience bad from this prior season. 

Marketing does deserve some appreciation for a vastly improved in game experience. The winning is going to come, which will make it all the better.

For me the in game experience this year was improved…green lights etc, however, the Raymond James experience is awful and has been since we’ve played there.  It’s a great NFL stadium, however it’s a lousy home stadium for USF.  The whole vibe when you walk in screams bush league.  The 1 USF banner hanging down the concourse on the outside amongst all the Bucs banners.  The generic mid field logo and no end zone lettering when the Bucs play the next day.  Of course all the empty red seats and the pirate ship need no explanation.  

This university has a history of being a commuter school and they’ve done a good job of moving away from that, however, playing your home games at Ray Jay makes the football team still feel like a commuter program.

Hopefully all of this OCS talk will materialize in to something.  If we totally want to shake the commuter school culture an OCS is needed.  

With that said, I’ll be renewing my tickets not because of the stadium or the in game experience, but because I love the Bulls :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

For me the in game experience this year was improved…green lights etc, however, the Raymond James experience is awful and has been since we’ve played there.  It’s a great NFL stadium, however it’s a lousy home stadium for USF.  The whole vibe when you walk in screams bush league.  The 1 USF banner hanging down the concourse on the outside amongst all the Bucs banners.  The generic mid field logo and no end zone lettering when the Bucs play the next day.  Of course all the empty red seats and the pirate ship need no explanation.  

This university has a history of being a commuter school and they’ve done a good job of moving away from that, however, playing your home games at Ray Jay makes the football team still feel like a commuter program.

Hopefully all of this OCS talk will materialize in to something.  If we totally want to shake the commuter school culture an OCS is needed.  

With that said, I’ll be renewing my tickets not because of the stadium or the in game experience, but because I love the Bulls :iconic_u_black:

I agree with this.  I appreciate the effort of the stuff they do in the stadium.  The green lights, etc.  Not complaining about that part of the experience.  The reason it is overall lame is because:

1. It is RayJay.  It is off campus.  It is red and pewter.  The band and team need to be bussed to their games, and the students must find transportation, too.  We can't see our campus from the seats.  It's simply not a college football atmosphere.
  2. It's empty.  There are hardly any fans in attendance.  This is mostly because we lose (and to bad teams), and it is compounded by people hanging out in common areas like the club and by the pirate ship, and the fact that students must be transported from campus or drive.

I am one of those people who was around for the WVU game in 2007, and yes, that was a great atmosphere, but in my opinion, it still doesn't compare to a Saturday game day on campus with the parades, parties, tailgates, students, etc.  At universities with on OCS, it's like every home game is a home coming.  

I don't think anyone is saying that the people in charge of the game day experience at Raymond James are not trying and helping to improve things...they just don't have alot to work with.  Imagine our own stadium--we could do the green lights and the "dance cams" and all that stuff, there, too.  It would just be better.  

Go Bulls.  I am excited to see what develops in the future.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

You're the first person I have heard call the game day experience bad from this prior season. 

Marketing does deserve some appreciation for a vastly improved in game experience. The winning is going to come, which will make it all the better.

Maybe bad is too harsh of a word, but compared to other stadiums, the experience is definitely subpar.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

43 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

My in game experience, for all sports i attend, is primarily based on the game itself and everything else is just pretty much annoying ..... but I get the need for the entertainment factor in these days and times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I agree with this.  I appreciate the effort of the stuff they do in the stadium.  The green lights, etc.  Not complaining about that part of the experience.  The reason it is overall lame is because:

1. It is RayJay.  It is off campus.  It is red and pewter.  The band and team need to be bussed to their games, and the students must find transportation, too.  We can't see our campus from the seats.  It's simply not a college football atmosphere.
  2. It's empty.  There are hardly any fans in attendance.  This is mostly because we lose (and to bad teams), and it is compounded by people hanging out in common areas like the club and by the pirate ship, and the fact that students must be transported from campus or drive.

I am one of those people who was around for the WVU game in 2007, and yes, that was a great atmosphere, but in my opinion, it still doesn't compare to a Saturday game day on campus with the parades, parties, tailgates, students, etc.  At universities with on OCS, it's like every home game is a home coming.  

I don't think anyone is saying that the people in charge of the game day experience at Raymond James are not trying and helping to improve things...they just don't have alot to work with.  Imagine our own stadium--we could do the green lights and the "dance cams" and all that stuff, there, too.  It would just be better.  

I agree with you 100 percent.  I have been to games at UF and FSU, and on home dates the party starts on Saturday when the sun rises, and it ends early the next morning.  It is indescribable the excitement and anticipation that comes with a gameday experience.  And if the team is good and the home game is meaningful there is nothing like it.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

With that said, I’ll be renewing my tickets not because of the stadium or the in game experience, but because I love the Bulls 

Obviously didn't renew because of the win/loss record either. We need tons more of these type fans who get what college football is about and how it works.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Do they not offer busses to the students? We also came early to tailgate when I was a student there and had one friend that actually did drink drive us home.