• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Current Fans Need to be Recruiters FOR MORE FANS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Fans need to keep pushing to get friends to attend games.

As we've seen over the past twenty years, recent alumni doesn't seem to want to attend games. May change with the impending OCS . . .

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,192
  • Days Won:  25

This sound great, but I can't even give my tickets away for friends to come to the games. WE need a fun and exciting product to get people in the seat. We are losing and aren't scoring many points. Hard to draw new fans to that on HOPE with no evidence to back up we are turning a corner. Go bulls and go CJS.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I have been doing this since day 1.  It was pretty easy to get people to attend when we were in the Big East.  Once that ended, I had a hard time getting people to go.  Even when we had winning teams under Taggart and with those early season top-25 ranked teams we had in the strong era, it has been hard to convince people to attend--end with a free ticket sometimes.  It's rough out there right now.  People tend to have a herd mentality about things like this--we need to get it back to where it was in 2008-2009 where it was cool to be a fan, and being at the game was the place to be.

Not only do we have to win, but we have to take down somebody big to get the buzz going again.  Take down a BYU or a UF or Louisville early in the season next year, and we would be on our way there.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Last year I got some extra season tickets, got the price back selling them for the UF game, then had free tickets the rest of the year to get extra people to join our group. Two people bought USF shirts after the first game and asked about the tickets each game after.

Don't think we have the home slate to swing that next year but it worked so easily I plan on grabbing a bunch of extra tickets in 2023 and doing the same thing with the Bama game.

Lot easier to get people to come when its "got an extra ticket if you buy me a beer inside" vs trying to convince them to buy a ticket

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I had two season tickets, and usually ended up going to most games by myself.  My friends would turn down free tickets.  The team is bad, the gameday experience is bad, and unless you are a hardcore, live-and-die, USF football fan, no one cares.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Don't give up on building this program.

The Spring Game is a good positive intro to our football team.

See the vision and help build the atmosphere.

Just imagine if recruits said "when you become a winner or in a bigger conference or an OCS . . ." 

When we have a timeline for an OCS, that will help push for people to get season tickets. Smaller venue and it won't be just walk up to get a ticket.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,878
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I had two season tickets, and usually ended up going to most games by myself.  My friends would turn down free tickets.  The team is bad, the gameday experience is bad, and unless you are a hardcore, live-and-die, USF football fan, no one cares.

You're the first person I have heard call the game day experience bad from this prior season. 

Marketing does deserve some appreciation for a vastly improved in game experience. The winning is going to come, which will make it all the better.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,962
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks, E.T. for taking a positive step.  It's so much easier just to sit around and complain.  I appreciate your continued enthusiasm and passion for USF Football - you too are celebrating your personal Silver Stampede as a Bulls fan and supporter!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

"Hey buddy, I'm planning on smashing myself in the shins repeatedly with this tack hammer on Saturdays this fall, you should join me!!!"  

I'm kidding of course, and you're right, but it's been tough the last few years to get our die hards to go consistently, much less others.