• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Kelly going to LSU, looks like Cinci loses another head coach to Notre Dame...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Probably not a bad thing considering the state of our football program. I did like the tweet from Horn Jr. stating they are going to win the conference next year. The little guy has some balls... and losing Luke to Notre Dame helps Horn Jr.'s tweet seem a little more realistic.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

A lot of people think Marcus Freeman is next up at Notre Dame based on comments made by Brian Kelly earlier think year. I agree that Fickell makes more sense for ND which opens the door for Freeman to return to Cincy. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Notre dame did have great success with the last cincy head coach they hired (Brian Kelly) plus cincy is losing just about everyone so fickel has a choice stay and rebuild at cincy where he will have no shot at the playoffs next year or move to south bend and have a shot every year due to name recognition 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Notre dame did have great success with the last cincy head coach they hired (Brian Kelly) plus cincy is losing just about everyone so fickel has a choice stay and rebuild at cincy where he will have no shot at the playoffs next year or move to south bend and have a shot every year due to name recognition 

Or a lifetime job at Cincy or the chance to be fired in 3 years at ND. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

from the main page this subject gave me a heart attack. Just saw "with kelly going to lsu" and assumed we lost our AD lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,143
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Or a lifetime job at Cincy or the chance to be fired in 3 years at ND. 

He could also make enough money in his contract from ND to last a lifetime even if he gets fired in three years. I am not sure Cincinnati can match the money offer of the big boys.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He could also make enough money in his contract from ND to last a lifetime even if he gets fired in three years. I am not sure Cincinnati can match the money offer of the big boys.

No way can Cincy match it. But this cat is a different breed…he turned down millions from Mich State already for example. He could make more money in the long run by staying (Assuming he wasn’t successful at Notre Dame), but I suspect he will take the job. It’s too high prestige to turn down.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No way can Cincy match it. But this cat is a different breed…he turned down millions from Mich State already for example. He could make more money in the long run by staying (Assuming he wasn’t successful at Notre Dame), but I suspect he will take the job. It’s too high prestige to turn down.

Back when he turned down MSU, the rumor was he was holding out for one of two jobs. Notre Dame is one of those.

9 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Back when he turned down MSU, the rumor was he was holding out for one of two jobs. Notre Dame is one of those.

Makes since, he is a practicing Catholic highly involved with the church as well. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

This title was misleading…