• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A new day, and a new attitude!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the 4th down play at beginning of 2nd quarter had McClain under center and he pitched it to Mangham on the right edge. for some reason announcer on espn said it was a direct snap to Mangham but it clearly wasn't.

Don't remember where TM was but definitely remember her saying it was a direct snap to Mangham when it wasn't ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't remember where TM was but definitely remember her saying it was a direct snap to Mangham when it wasn't ...

it was a really good play call. felt like he had a few options. possible sneak or pitch to perimeter depending on how the defense set up. probably could have passed out of it too.I was glad to see them be very aggressive on 4th downs. They really were 4 for 5 as they consider the bad FG snap as a loss on downs, I believe. Only one they didn't get was when they ran Joiner between the tackles (like Mangham there better). Was glad they didn't run the wildcat.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

the 4th down play at beginning of 2nd quarter had McClain under center and he pitched it to Mangham on the right edge. for some reason announcer on espn said it was a direct snap to Mangham but it clearly wasn't.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

If they can do that once then I can think of some other circumstances where it would have been appropriate to use.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 10/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, 79 Bull said:

Yes we did, but we also did not convert a couple others just like last week.  I do not understand why we have to be in the shotgun every time forcing a 6 yard run to gain 1.  Could we possibly just once hurry up and QB sneak?  Other than that I'm a very happy camper tonight!

GO BULLS!

As I recall.  We tried that in one of the first couple of games with Q, I think, and the snap was fumbled.  It appears the coaching staff decided that 3rd or 4th and short is a bad time to be snapping the ball in a way that we almost never practice.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

As I recall.  We tried that in one of the first couple of games with Q, I think, and the snap was fumbled.  It appears the coaching staff decided that 3rd or 4th and short is a bad time to be snapping the ball in a way that we almost never practice.  

Don't remember which game but think it was a major team and they put the QB under center on the goal line and fumbled it away. Kids at may schools don't get a lot of practice at it nowadays.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

If they can do that once then I can think of some other circumstances where it would have been appropriate to use.

I agree.

57 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Not sure how much they practice it but he was under center for a 4th down play this week and it worked very well. it's not rocket science so I believe it wouldn't be that difficult to learn or get good at.