• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Move the needle in football first?  So which of the four teams they are inviting is going to dominate the Medium 12 like Oklahoma and get invited to the Final Four CFP Playoff?   BYU?   Houston?   Cincy?  knits?

The more this guy talks, the more Aresco looks like a catch

So now we need to take up heroine?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The more this guy talks, the more Aresco looks like a catch

Except that dude just yoinked Aresco's top four teams.

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Our feelings don’t care about your facts 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,926
  • Days Won:  12

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

To each their own. Lubbock, Waco, Lawrence, Ames are down my bucket list somewhere between Somalia & Afghanistan. Playing any of those teams doesn't move the needle much more for me than Memphis, SMU or Tulane... 

Lawrence, Kansas and Memorial Stadium are both better than anything in the old Big East days. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  107

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think the biggest block to progress is that they say it all needs to be fully and privately funded before beginning development. I don’t see how we can overcome that without some form of revolutionary plan which I imagine would have been utilized to build the IPF as originally designed. At the very least if this was an actual plan that had been discussed in any capacity there would have been renderings of the new project, announcements of contributions that were already secured and the fund where people could donate but nothing that resembles anything tangible or even a sliver was discussed. If at 5 years old my son announced he is going to be an astronaut and play in the NHL but he doesn’t do anything to start acting on those things I’m not really sure that the announcement brought much value or should have been taken seriously.

You're kind of brushing on what I'm worried about. Making bold statements without any substance at this time makes this OCS announcement look like a damage control statement.  I'm happy to at-least hear that there is potential dialogue in that area, but I can't help but wonder if this will just be a carrot they dangle in-front of our noses to string us along for an indefinite amount of time. Yes, I'm kind of jaded by how the Rays issue has dragged-on, but experience is the best teacher and I'm going to need to hear some concrete details before I get too emotionally invested in OCS dialogue, especially considering that a politician got the ball rolling.

19 minutes ago, FlipFlopCleats said:

You're kind of brushing on what I'm worried about. Making bold statements without any substance at this time makes this OCS announcement look like a damage control statement.  I'm happy to at-least hear that there is potential dialogue in that area, but I can't help but wonder if this will just be a carrot they dangle in-front of our noses to string us along for an indefinite amount of time. Yes, I'm kind of jaded by how the Rays issue has dragged-on, but experience is the best teacher and I'm going to need to hear some concrete details before I get too emotionally invested in OCS dialogue, especially considering that a politician got the ball rolling.

My fear is they paint this as the solution, they accomplish nothing else, they have no legitimate plan and then when people don’t fully fund a stadium in five years they say welp we did all we could do it’s not our faults you didn’t fund it 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, michibull said:

Question: Would you rather buy tix to see us play Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, East Carolina or Oklahoma State, Kansas, Baylor, TCU? 🤔

No.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Question: Would you rather buy tix to see us play Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, East Carolina or Oklahoma State, Kansas, Baylor, TCU? 🤔

Fair point. I guess as others have noted it would depend home vs. away (for me everything is away). I generally plan trips with friends based on what cool city the Rays/Bucs/Lightning/Bulls are in on a convenient weekend. 

From a pure football standpoint, assuming we can return to a fraction of a shadow of our former selves, the AAC opponents barely move my needle. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

After the SEC yoinked his top 2 and the only 2 that mattered and it appeared that the PAC - 12 said thanks but no thanks to a merger.   It doesn't take any skill to grab 4 teams from the G5 to join any P5 conference