• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Disney-ESPN Orlando Bias? 

These are four of the worst things ever:
1. Disney

2. ESPN

3. Orlando

Honorable mention: Bias

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

Tampa media

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I'll take it.  Maybe this snapped us into reality.  Who knows what politics were blocking progress behind the scenes.

I think the biggest block to progress is that they say it all needs to be fully and privately funded before beginning development. I don’t see how we can overcome that without some form of revolutionary plan which I imagine would have been utilized to build the IPF as originally designed. At the very least if this was an actual plan that had been discussed in any capacity there would have been renderings of the new project, announcements of contributions that were already secured and the fund where people could donate but nothing that resembles anything tangible or even a sliver was discussed. If at 5 years old my son announced he is going to be an astronaut and play in the NHL but he doesn’t do anything to start acting on those things I’m not really sure that the announcement brought much value or should have been taken seriously.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the biggest block to progress is that they say it all needs to be fully and privately funded before beginning development. I don’t see how we can overcome that without some form of revolutionary plan which I imagine would have been utilized to build the IPF as originally designed. At the very least if this was an actual plan that had been discussed in any capacity there would have been renderings of the new project, announcements of contributions that were already secured and the fund where people could donate but nothing that resembles anything tangible or even a sliver was discussed. If at 5 years old my son announced he is going to be an astronaut and play in the NHL but he doesn’t do anything to start acting on those things I’m not really sure that the announcement brought much value or should have been taken seriously.

Cool, so we are basically done?  Just cancel football?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Cool, so we are basically done?  Just cancel football?

No. There is absolutely no reason why an OCS is a necessary part of rebuilding but it may very well be. If it is possible to build an OCS as our approach to build fandom then great release your serious plan and timeline that details how you will address all of the reasons you said it wasn’t possible during your 37 feasibility studies but if you don’t have one of those then shut the **** up about it and do something that you can accomplish at this very moment that improves the only thing you were paid to improve. So far since VPMK and now CJS have stepped on campus every single moment has been on a constant downward spiral, maybe stop the nose dive and it may not be such a laughable notion that people will continue to toss money into the abyss that is your failure. Just an idea or just continue to be an adolescent and spit out nonsense ideas, blaming circumstance while never actually taking control or ownership of your failing, either way I guess. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

BayIslandBull was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

I'll preface this comment by saying that if we were going to the B12, then I'd take it as well.

UCF has had years of systemic success on the football field, and are reaping the rewards... maybe.

TCU? Do they still play football? The struggles of WV have been well chronicled since they joined the B12 due to them being stuck out on an island. They have virtually been relegated to irrelevancy. Now, a bone has been thrown their way with the addition of UC. Guess who is now out on the island 1000 miles away from the nearest conference mate? Could it work? Sure.

But then there is UT and UO leaving. The B12 without them is on par with the ACC. Who are the juggernauts? Baylor, OSU, KSU? Baylor did win the NCAAB, but let's not fool ourselves, this is about football. UT and UO left because the rest of them were not elite. The TV revenue would have been slashed to levels closer to the AAC than the P4.

So what is this about, then? This is a flailing B12 desperately trying to hold onto their P5 status by creating as much distance as possible from the AAC, whose status was on the rise. So instead of B12 improving their brand, their strategy is to dilute the AAC. Will it work? Maybe in the short term, but this is the Big East 2.0, gasping for air after VA Tech and UM left. We know well how that ended.

No back to UCF, they peaked 2 or 3 years ago. Now they have to sustain. Can they? We'll see. But now they will get marginally more TV revenue, travel expenses will go up considerably, and they will have $10-15 buyout owed to the AAC. That would be a calculated risk if that's were it ended. But the legacy schools know that the B12 trajectory is headed in the wrong direction. They all think they are worth more and will be looking for greener pastures. What happens if the PAC12 or B10 goes after Baylor, OSU, KSU? They would jump in a heartbeat leaving UCF in no man's land with less revenue and astronomical travel expenses. 

We'll see what happens, but it's not a forgone conclusion that this will be a good move for them since the B12 is a shell of is former self. Joining declining conferences has yet to work out anywhere that I can remember. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

I'll preface this comment by saying that if we were going to the B12, then I'd take it as well.

UCF has had years of systemic success on the football field, and are reaping the rewards... maybe.

TCU? Do they still play football? The struggles of WV have been well chronicled since they joined the B12 due to them being stuck out on an island. They have virtually been relegated to irrelevancy. Now, a bone has been thrown their way with the addition of UC. Guess who is now out on the island 1000 miles away from the nearest conference mate? Could it work? Sure.

But then there is UT and UO leaving. The B12 without them is on par with the ACC. Who are the juggernauts? Baylor, OSU, KSU? Baylor did win the NCAAB, but let's not fool ourselves, this is about football. UT and UO left because the rest of them were not elite. The TV revenue would have been slashed to levels closer to the AAC than the P4.

So what is this about, then? This is a flailing B12 desperately trying to hold onto their P5 status by creating as much distance as possible from the AAC, whose status was on the rise. So instead of B12 improving their brand, their strategy is to dilute the AAC. Will it work? Maybe in the short term, but this is the Big East 2.0, gasping for air after VA Tech and UM left. We know well how that ended.

No back to UCF, they peaked 2 or 3 years ago. Now they have to sustain. Can they? We'll see. But now they will get marginally more TV revenue, travel expenses will go up considerably, and they will have $10-15 buyout owed to the AAC. That would be a calculated risk if that's were it ended. But the legacy schools know that the B12 trajectory is headed in the wrong direction. They all think they are worth more and will be looking for greener pastures. What happens if the PAC12 or B10 goes after Baylor, OSU, KSU? They would jump in a heartbeat leaving UCF in no man's land with less revenue and astronomical travel expenses. 

We'll see what happens, but it's not a forgone conclusion that this will be a good move for them since the B12 is a shell of is former self. Joining declining conferences has yet to work out anywhere that I can remember. 

If the AAC revenue was higher, they would all maybe stay. The AAC would have passed the big 12 (8 ) if it could hold together. 

This is really a desperate move by the Big 12, and they probably will try and expand again.

It’s good for Houston and BYU, but Cincy and UCF are now on islands. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

I don't get the big deal either. this isn't the Big 12 with Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado.

I guess it's a step up but really not that big of a step. The leftovers from the original conference are traditionally terrible programs.

It's now the P4 conferences soon to be the P1 league. Eventually the top 25 - 30 programs will split off and form NFL lite leaving the rest behind.

This is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

54 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

If Aresco isn't on the phone with App State, UAB, and (insert FAU, ULL, Coastal, ect here) at this very moment, then this conference is as dysfunctional as we had been for years on doing things. An App St. road trip would be so much fun

Don't think we should add anyone. Keep it at 8 and fill out schedule with bigger OOC games. The only ones who will want to add are the conference executives. It's the only way they can keep their jobs.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Gismo said:

It’s good for Houston and BYU, but Cincy and UCF are now on islands. 

On islands until USF joins in a couple of years <rimshot>

• Upvote 1