• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

name some of the USF bars/restaurants you used to frequent as a student

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

Recalling the days of the Empty Keg got me thinking.

First one I remember was Ricky's on Fletcher near an off campus bookstore. I think this was replaced by some wing place that went down fast and then eventually became a lame strip club (can't recall the name).

Of course- everyone remembers CC's- a little further down the street. Famous for nickel beer nights and other cheap specials-- the floors were sticky. Across the street a bit (and still there I believe) is the Brass Mug in the same complex as the Wooden NIckel head shop.

Good lord-- there were lots of places to go invibe. Daytime drinking fun could be had in the mall at Mr Dunderbaks.

I think I only went once to a place called "The Grog" which got knocked down/replaced 1985 or so by some fast food place (not McDonalds but next to it) - cheap ass beer but a a dump. AAt some point-- the old BBQ place across the street got renovated and was sort of fun for a while -- called Montana's (early 1990s).

A slight upgrade to that was across the street (eventually next to the ABC liquor lounge) called the Time Tunnel Pub (picture below-- not of me).

5-2-48.png.df3114e21933f2d749bf7db84532111f.png

Can't quite remember the name of that one bar across from the Phi Delt house-- Tavern on the Green? or something like that.

Oooh yeah-- Kasey's Kove on Fowler-- gross ceiling but decent wings. Of course the Coppertop Pub also on Fowler (eventually had a Beef O'Brady's across the street)- did that get changed into a CDB's at some point? Think it is closed now-- not sure about the CDB's that was at Fowler and 30th street. 

Tons more I am missing of course-- this is just a starter---- throw in your thoughts and let's let this football thing take a break.

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

Jeez… Kasey’s Kove, used to pull so much trim there 

Edited by Sellular1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Tobacco Company

Confetti’s/Zaps

Skippers

Dooley’s

• Like 1

Todd Theater, never went there but PeeWee Herman did

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

All of the above.  @MikeG we went to school together.   I remember you hanging out with Bill fitz when me and Robbie lived across the hall in village square.  I was known as “rad” back then.  Still rad now too.  Just older

Dooley's-- I was trying to recall the name of that bar that was based in the Holiday Inn on Fowler.

Was a big fan of Proud Lion Pub out  in Carrolwood of Dale and Fletcher. They had a massive problem with the roof and relocated (Florida and Fletcher) and it was never quite the same.

O'Briens (original location was a favorite but after college, even the relocated version).

Maco's  (on Dale) was meh though the views were pretty good. I remember the Bears were playing in town once and were at the bar. Got to meet Dan Hampton-- HUGE dude.

1 minute ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

All of the above.  @MikeG we went to school together.   I remember you hanging out with Bill fitz when me and Robbie lived across the hall in village square.  I was known as “rad” back then.  Still rad now too.  Just older

Hey Rad-- it has been forever. I remember you well. Were you guys ever part of Scrub Club (intramural softball team)?

I remember when you guys took that huge piece of spider-man from the MOSI back in the day. I think you are safe now - statute of limitations. Crazy times

London Victory Club

CiCis on Friday nites

Oyster Catchers on Sundays

Dang--- Tobacco CCompany was a pretty fun bar-- with that enormous stuffed Polar Bear. Sad day went it burned down.

Remember the Tanga Lounge?  Nasty chicks with stab wounds on the main stage and $10 HJ’s in the back rooms.