• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey, we weren't picked last

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, dabull80 said:

I had high hopes when Gregory came here but a lack of support from the University higher ups results in another bad year.

Of all the adversity CBG has faced since he got here, that's not one that immediately comes to mind ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, dabull80 said:

I had high hopes when Gregory came here but a lack of support from the University higher ups results in another bad year.

Explain that one please.

13 hours ago, dabull80 said:

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Explain that one please.

Only thing I can figure is, based on where we historically had our best success, it's the higher ups making us play all home games at our on campus arena ....... the Auburn game is no coincidence.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, Triple B said:

Only thing I can figure is, based on where we historically had our best success, it's the higher ups making us play all home games at our on campus arena ....... the Auburn game is no coincidence.

Lets face the facts that we have been bad in major mens sports for years and other schools have passed us by.  While the University focus is on higher education which is a good thing, they have again and again failed to put resources into our football and basketball programs.  With the portal open and players now being paid above board I think it is up to our University to recruit alumni to step up and open their wallets.  An easy task...nope but one that is required.  I for one would start with the offensive line and some restaurant chain to use the horses up front to run some great advertising program.  At least in my mind the picture of 10 300 pound guys walking into your place of business would be an instant success.  Just my humble opinion.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, dabull80 said:

Lets face the facts that we have been bad in major mens sports for years and other schools have passed us by.  While the University focus is on higher education which is a good thing, they have again and again failed to put resources into our football and basketball programs.  With the portal open and players now being paid above board I think it is up to our University to recruit alumni to step up and open their wallets.  An easy task...nope but one that is required.  I for one would start with the offensive line and some restaurant chain to use the horses up front to run some great advertising program.  At least in my mind the picture of 10 300 pound guys walking into your place of business would be an instant success.  Just my humble opinion.

The negligent higherups are way ahead of you and it didn't seem to make a difference:

shutterstock_59481931-730x487.jpg

The USF football program announced a special sponsorship, with the offensive line getting an endorsement deal with Mission BBQ.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486

Isn't this the basketball thread?  If you really want to complain about football, at least put it in a football related thread.

1 hour ago, dabull80 said:

Lets face the facts

The fact is what started this particular part of this conversation was this:

On 10/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, dabull80 said:

Even as big an apologist as I am, that was certainly a head scratcher back then and needed some clarification ...... to resurrect this NOW, considering recent developments, is even more puzzling.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Gregory has no excuses.  He has a beautiful on campus arena and the Muma center.  Apparently thats enough for CJF.  What’s holding Gregory back is his inability to recruit and develop talent as well as a God awful offensive philosophy.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Gregory has no excuses.  He has a beautiful on campus arena and the Muma center.  Apparently thats enough for CJF.  What’s holding Gregory back is his inability to recruit and develop talent as well as a God awful offensive philosophy.

Yeah I am sick to think that we have at least another 2/3 years of this crap. It’s just awful…

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

6 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

The negligent higherups are way ahead of you and it didn't seem to make a difference:

shutterstock_59481931-730x487.jpg

The USF football program announced a special sponsorship, with the offensive line getting an endorsement deal with Mission BBQ.

Who is Mission BBQ ?  Never heard of them but I live on the East coast so I don't know.