• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Just for those who hate the ucf “rivalry”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  14

19 hours ago, puc86 said:

Let me spell it out even more clearly for the people that wanted to sell our programs soul for no apparent reason because they thought it’s fun to play people that are close. McDonald’s never associated with or acknowledged BK regularly because you have nothing to gain by attaching your brand to the people below you and Coke didn’t do regular Pepsi taste tests and associate their brand with them because once again that doesn’t advance them but Pepsi sure did because associating with the people ahead of you is good and below you is bad. The bore on I-4 single handedly destroyed our advancement and I hope you enjoyed it for whatever sick reason but the only good thing about having been left behind is that nonsense is over and it’s over because forcing a rivalry with your closest competitor who is a league below you is dumb and if you like the bore on I-4 having just witnessed what happened you are too stupid to survive in life and that we keep you alive despite all your best efforts to die is the reason we stopped evolving.

Well said.

image.png.06d62090e1acb73929dbe52310eea254.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

Well said.

He built his business selling rat and dog meat to people, not other rats or dogs.  😃

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I hate UF, we've competed against them, so we're rivals? My Kanigit hate has nothing to do with competing against them. It's because their fans have been assclown douchebags from before we regularly competed against them. It was a begrudging rivalry while we were in the same conference because we were competing for the same things. When the common conference ends, **** em. We shouldn't play them again and they shouldn't want to play us ....

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So Rutgers was a rival?  😁

They were a true rival, and it had nothing to do with their fans.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, puc86 said:

Let me spell it out even more clearly for the people that wanted to sell our programs soul for no apparent reason because they thought it’s fun to play people that are close. McDonald’s never associated with or acknowledged BK regularly because you have nothing to gain by attaching your brand to the people below you and Coke didn’t do regular Pepsi taste tests and associate their brand with them because once again that doesn’t advance them but Pepsi sure did because associating with the people ahead of you is good and below you is bad. The bore on I-4 single handedly destroyed our advancement and I hope you enjoyed it for whatever sick reason but the only good thing about having been left behind is that nonsense is over and it’s over because forcing a rivalry with your closest competitor who is a league below you is dumb and if you like the bore on I-4 having just witnessed what happened you are too stupid to survive in life and that we keep you alive despite all your best efforts to die is the reason we stopped evolving.

If UCF sucked all of these years while we sucked, then USF would STILL be where they are at. We still wouldn't have an invite to the Big 12, we still would have no conference titles, we still would have no NY6 bowl games and we still would have had the same losing record we've had for the past few years.  UCF winning had nothing to do with our downfall. Trying to say another man's success caused you to not have success is dumb. We only have two 10 win seasons. One with Taggart and one with CCS. We was never world beaters to begin with. Even your boy Levitt didn't make use world beaters. We were never on a level like Coke to even compare. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They were a true rival, and it had nothing to do with their fans.

You missed my point. But, I didn't think of them as rivals.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Well said.

G-d **** do I miss America 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If UCF sucked all of these years while we sucked, then USF would STILL be where they are at. We still wouldn't have an invite to the Big 12, we still would have no conference titles, we still would have no NY6 bowl games and we still would have had the same losing record we've had for the past few years.  UCF winning had nothing to do with our downfall. Trying to say another man's success caused you to not have success is dumb. We only have two 10 win seasons. One with Taggart and one with CCS. We was never world beaters to begin with. Even your boy Levitt didn't make use world beaters. We were never on a level like Coke to even compare. 

We were definitively ahead of UCF by every single measure. We decided to align ourselves with our next closest competitor giving up all of our market differentiation and worse yet defining our success by how we performed against them. To your point we actually lost in the games but you are quite wrong about when we actually lost, we lost as soon as we welcomed them into the AAC with welcomed arms and embracing them as an equal. We weren’t Coke to Alabama but we most certainly were their Coke and then we acknowledged and embraced them for no logical reason.

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We were definitively ahead of UCF by every single measure. We decided to align ourselves with our next closest competitor giving up all of our market differentiation and worse yet defining our success by how we performed against them. To your point we actually lost in the games but you are quite wrong about when we actually lost, we lost as soon as we welcomed them into the AAC with welcomed arms and embracing them as an equal. We weren’t Coke to Alabama but we most certainly were their Coke and then we acknowledged and embraced them for no logical reason.

Once again, if UCF sucked their whole time in the AAC, we would have still sucked as well. There is no proof that their success hindered us nor is there proof that we would have had success if they sucked. Your hatred and pettiness for UCF is exactly why they are our rivals. That fact that some of ya'll are in ur feelings about this rivalry is exactly why this team is our rival. I have no other statement about this subject.

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Once again, if UCF sucked their whole time in the AAC, we would have still sucked as well. There is no proof that their success hindered us nor is there proof that we would have had success if they sucked. Your hatred and pettiness for UCF is exactly why they are our rivals. That fact that some of ya'll are in ur feelings about this rivalry is exactly why this team is our rival. I have no other statement about this subject.

Once again and I don’t know how to make It more clear- if you bring someone up to your level, make them your “rival” and create much ado about nothing regarding their their game you are destined to have that benefit them and not you. The reasons people cite as the obvious reasons there would be a natural rivalry are the reasons it would be completely stupid to give them a hand up and recognize them as in any way competition to us. We aren’t in our feelings about them we just knew forever ago that this association would bite us in the ass and are in our feelings that we were dumb enough to get involved with them. Yes some spaces only have room for one and purposely introducing you next closest competitor is foolish as alignment, college athletics and even the games are a zero sum game and anyones success has to come at the expense of another. Theirs came at our expense and was completely avoidable.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Once again and I don’t know how to make It more clear- if you bring someone up to your level, make them your “rival” and create much ado about nothing regarding their their game you are destined to have that benefit them and not you. The reasons people cite as the obvious reasons there would be a natural rivalry are the reasons it would be completely stupid to give them a hand up and recognize them as in any way competition to us. We aren’t in our feelings about them we just knew forever ago that this association would bite us in the ass and are in our feelings that we were dumb enough to get involved with them. Yes some spaces only have room for one and purposely introducing you next closest competitor is foolish as alignment, college athletics and even the games are a zero sum game and anyones success has to come at the expense of another. Theirs came at our expense and was completely avoidable.

I aint no hater and I think its foul that USF voted against UCF joining the AAC. Thats why they laughing at us. Dont be mad because they took advantage of the SAME opportunity we had. Real men dont hate on another man's success or blame it for his failures.  We should have simply obtained success whether they were in the AAC or not. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Downvote 1