• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just for those who hate the ucf “rivalry”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes it had a trophy that Uconn proceeded to leave on the sideline when they won because they had self respect and new just because someone is thirsty to capitalize on you doesn’t mean you have to buy into it. And no it wasn’t on the list either because no one cares about the random forced “rivalries” UCF tried to throw at anyone and everyone with us being the only ones dumb enough to buy into it, sad.

It pains me to read this and think about how those a**clowns used that administration.   Almost makes me wonder if they were actually who orchestrated the whole "slap gate"

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

Another great moment in the "rivalry" last night as we opened the Sun Dome for volleyball, got swept in three games and spanked by Winter Park Community College for the 17th straight time. It sure looked like USF volleyball had made some small strides forward last year in the first - shortened - season with the new coach. But this year they're not even competitive. The more things change, the more they stay the same on Fowler Ave. Time to erect a statue of Jose Fernandez. Where would we be without that guy?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Another great moment in the "rivalry" last night as we opened the Sun Dome for volleyball, got swept in three games and spanked by Winter Park Community College for the 17th straight time. It sure looked like USF volleyball had made some small strides forward last year in the first - shortened - season with the new coach. But this year they're not even competitive. The more things change, the more they stay the same on Fowler Ave. Time to erect a statue of Jose Fernandez. Where would we be without that guy?

Would have to add WSoc coach and MGolf along with the Jim to make it a Mt Rushmore.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, chapelbull said:

The push backs are because we blew past them and left them in our dust as we zoomed to the Big East.  The push back is because we were trying to establish a rivalry with legitimate programs like a Miami or maybe Big East teams like a WVU, Louisville, etc.   The push back is that even then CJL took some heat because he didn't want to settle for a rivalry with a middling program like ucf.  We were trying to move onward and upward, but some would rather try and create this "rivalry" with those guys that was allegedly going to propel us along with them to the promised land ..... well we see how that turned out now didn't we.

A rival is somebody you hate that you compete against. We obviously hate UCF so thats why its a rivalry. Nobody uses a rivalry to propel their team. Its simply about beating that team on the field and having better success overall on the field. UCF simply took care of business and we didnt. Another team's success has nothing to do with us. The UF, UM and FSU rivalries grew because BOTH sides were having success and the rivalries were 2 determine who wil have even more success.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

A rival is somebody you hate that you compete against. We obviously hate UCF so thats why its a rivalry. Nobody uses a rivalry to propel their team. Its simply about beating that team on the field and having better success overall on the field. UCF simply took care of business and we didnt. Another team's success has nothing to do with us. The UF, UM and FSU rivalries grew because BOTH sides were having success and the rivalries were 2 determine who wil have even more success.

Wrong .. but that's fine

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

A rival is somebody you hate that you compete against. We obviously hate UCF so thats why its a rivalry.

I hate UF, we've competed against them, so we're rivals? My Kanigit hate has nothing to do with competing against them. It's because their fans have been assclown douchebags from before we regularly competed against them. It was a begrudging rivalry while we were in the same conference because we were competing for the same things. When the common conference ends, **** em. We shouldn't play them again and they shouldn't want to play us ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I really don’t hate them, for a while they were irrelevant and now we are.  We had one good rivalry game that was fun but we came up short with the turd as our HC.  I really don’t care if we play them after they leave, we are setup for disappointment if we are in a lower conference so hopefully they pull the plug and we can avoid the embarrassment.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I hate UF, we've competed against them, so we're rivals? My Kanigit hate has nothing to do with competing against them. It's because their fans have been assclown douchebags from before we regularly competed against them. It was a begrudging rivalry while we were in the same conference because we were competing for the same things. When the common conference ends, **** em. We shouldn't play them again and they shouldn't want to play us ....

I've been watching college football and interacting with fans from other teams for close to 30 years. I've never heard anybody complain about a rivalry with another team until this board. UF, FSU, UM fans just go about their rivalries and keep it moving. Who cares if USF entertains a rivalry against UCF? Why does it make some of ya'll get so "in your feelings"? Your anger towards this rivalry is exactly why it is a rivalry. lol There are plenty of other things to cry about regarding USF. Whether you like it or not, UCF will become a P5 school and until we become a P5 school we need to play as many P5 teams as we can. So I hope this rivalry continues. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So Rutgers was a rival?  😁