• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Just for those who hate the ucf “rivalry”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,937
  • Days Won:  38

I did wince a little on this one, but maybe it's fun for the players.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I did wince a little on this one, but maybe it's fun for the players.

It does appear to be which does give me pause when whining about it but ****, they haven't spent years dealing with those loser ******* douchebags on a message board ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I get why the rivalry was created as much as I haven't really wanted it. Two schools about the same size, created around the same time. Unlike say FAU or FIU.

However, even if you want to have a "rivalry" with UCF ….I just don't like how we have gone about it. 

To me the "War on I-4" is always a game between the Storm and the Predators of the AFL. The name is a rip off. 

The trophy is stupid. This belt thing is stupid. It shouldn't involve all the sports on some points based system. If you lose the football game, nobody cares if you still win the trophy using Golf or Tennis or whatever. It should be based on just the football game. 

If you are going to do it, based on how the rivalry started, it should be based on some kind of "stupid and futile" symbol. Like a bushel of oranges or a keg of trolls.  

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I get why the rivalry was created as much as I haven't really wanted it. Two schools about the same size, created around the same time. Unlike say FAU or FIU.

However, even if you want to have a "rivalry" with UCF ….I just don't like how we have gone about it. 

To me the "War on I-4" is always a game between the Storm and the Predators of the AFL. The name is a rip off. 

The trophy is stupid. This belt thing is stupid. It shouldn't involve all the sports on some points based system. If you lose the football game, nobody cares if you still win the trophy using Golf or Tennis or whatever. It should be based on just the football game. 

If you are going to do it, based on how the rivalry started, it should be based on some kind of "stupid and futile" symbol. Like a bushel of oranges or a keg of trolls.  

Because there are no stupid trophies in football rivalries. Oldest, at least oldest rivalry, is the platypus trophy.

https://supertailgate.com/top-50-rivalry-trophies

Can't believe the stink this trophy/rivalry had caused. I guess if we were winning football games this stuff wouldn't come up as much.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Because there are no stupid trophies in football rivalries. Oldest is the platypus trophy.

https://supertailgate.com/top-50-rivalry-trophies

Can't believe the stink this trophy/rivalry had caused. I guess if we were winning football games this stuff wouldn't come up as much.

I think the most interesting takeaways I found from your link is that the oldest one was lost for 40 years which kind of speaks to their value and that the bore on I-4 isn’t in the top 50 while FAU vs FIU is. The bore on I-4 is like fetch, people need to stop trying to make it happen because it’s never going to happen.

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I think trying to force it is what makes it feel so weird. Also, bringing in all the non-revenue sports seems weird, too. I could see a trophy or whatever for whoever wins the annual football game. But, that really should be it. Maaaybe MBB, at a stretch, but I'd vote no even for that. This had always been about who won the football game, at least in my mind.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I think it’s healthy playing them but you make some good points. Keep it for football only (get rid of that point system). And most importantly get rid of the stupid road sign that no one can pick up. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Gregs said:

bye bye ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the most interesting takeaways I found from your link is that the oldest one was lost for 40 years which kind of speaks to their value and that the bore on I-4 isn’t in the top 50 while FAU vs FIU is. The bore on I-4 is like fetch, people need to stop trying to make it happen because it’s never going to happen.

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

I didn't even read the list past 10.  I'm assuming the UCF/UConn trophy isn't there?  Is there a trophy for that?  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I didn't even read the list past 10.  I'm assuming the UCF/UConn trophy isn't there?  Is there a trophy for that?  

Yes it had a trophy that Uconn proceeded to leave on the sideline when they won because they had self respect and new just because someone is thirsty to capitalize on you doesn’t mean you have to buy into it. And no it wasn’t on the list either because no one cares about the random forced “rivalries” UCF tried to throw at anyone and everyone with us being the only ones dumb enough to buy into it, sad.