• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just for those who hate the ucf “rivalry”

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif.1c6de3bfdb32e4fab34ebd6647af4b6d.gif

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

That's pretty cringey, to be honest. The wall/points thing was kinda iffy, too. But, now a championship belt? We (USF) should really try to act like we've been here before. I get the desire for traditions, but they should develop organically. And also not be 20 random weird things in rapidfire succession. It just feels desperate. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, widerberg said:

That's pretty cringey, to be honest. The wall/points thing was kinda iffy, too. But, now a championship belt? We (USF) should really try to act like we've been here before. I get the desire for traditions, but they should develop organically. And also not be 20 random weird things in rapidfire succession. It just feels desperate. 

Gonna have to agree here. I am a “supporter”(?) of the rivalry, but this is getting sadder and sadder with each “initiative”. Pass.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, HyperBullee said:

Gonna have to agree here. I am a “supporter”(?) of the rivalry, but this is getting sadder and sadder with each “initiative”. Pass.

If we're coming clean, I'll admit that I support the rivalry, too. I don't like UCF, which works out nicely. We're 100 miles away from each other. We're both state public schools. If they're not our rival, I don't know who would be.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, widerberg said:

If we're coming clean, I'll admit that I support the rivalry, too. I don't like UCF, which works out nicely. We're 100 miles away from each other. We're both state public schools. If they're not our rival, I don't know who would be.

Exactly. For better or worse (as much as we hate it), it’s near a match made in heaven/hell. I’m confused by the pushback against acknowledging that.

I’ll caution the old saying: “You never know what you have until it’s gone”.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Exactly. For better or worse (as much as we hate it), it’s near a match made in heaven/hell. I’m confused by the pushback against acknowledging that.

The push backs are because we blew past them and left them in our dust as we zoomed to the Big East.  The push back is because we were trying to establish a rivalry with legitimate programs like a Miami or maybe Big East teams like a WVU, Louisville, etc.   The push back is that even then CJL took some heat because he didn't want to settle for a rivalry with a middling program like ucf.  We were trying to move onward and upward, but some would rather try and create this "rivalry" with those guys that was allegedly going to propel us along with them to the promised land ..... well we see how that turned out now didn't we.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The push backs are because we blew past them and left them in our dust as we zoomed to the Big East.  The push back is because we were trying to establish a rivalry with legitimate programs like a Miami or maybe Big East teams like a WVU, Louisville, etc.   The push back is that even then CJL took some heat because he didn't want to settle for a rivalry with a middling program like ucf.  We were trying to move onward and upward, but some would rather try and create this "rivalry" with those guys that was allegedly going to propel us along with them to the promised land ..... well we see how that turned out now didn't we.

It’s still OUR rivalry. And it’s organic “hate” between the bases. Some may not like it, but it’s still the reality.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Dang, that makes my pecker hurt

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

When we were starting out they didn’t want to play us because it wasn’t in their best interest, then we passed them and they wanted to play but it wasn’t in our best interest, then they tried to get legislation to force us to play, we decided to play them four times sweeping the series and giving us even higher ground to not have to play them, then they wanted to join our conference, then they said we prevented them from joining, then we let them in and went all in on measuring success by competing with them when previously we measured our program by legitimate state powers, then all things went to hell for us because you can’t play with **** without getting some on you and even 2k years ago they knew that if two things are unevenly yoked the one out front is the one that gets dragged backwards and then finally they stole our birthright because there is no such thing as package deals in expansion which has always been the case and not a single time has a conference taken two super close schools and of course they smartly don’t have an interest in continuing the series because they got a front row seat to see that it’s dumb and it’s not at all in their interest and we are the morons that put them where they are by sacrificing our program for something only a handful of fans give a **** about for no ******* apparent reason. Seriously you don’t get it?

• Upvote 2