• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stacy Kirby DT Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

They did get two Defensive linemen from the portal. A DE from MIssissippi St. and a DE/DT from New Mexico St.. I think the Miss ST. transfer is dinged up and the NM St transfer quit football due to family stuff. I don't think they ignored it. All the Florida schools dipped into the D Line transfer portal last year. Four DT's (Pinkney, Kegler, Green, Mangum) are listed as Graduates, meaning they took advantage of the COVID year.

Also due to COVID and allowing players to stay caused USF to have to greyshirt two DT's they had committed. We would have had six new D Linemen total coming in after last season. Three of those (2 greyshirts and one quit) never made it to campus.

Also when you say "cleaned house" do you mean revoke the scholarship and kick them off the team? I don't think that is a good look and probably isn't looked at well in the eyes of recruits and area HS football coaches.

Thomas Nance was listed as a DE on the 2019 roster. Switched over to TE in 2020.

1. Clean house I meant "encourage" to move on. Im sure the 25+ kids that actually transfered out were told something discouraging by this staff. If any highschool kid get discouraged because we dont like underachiveing players then so be it.

2. Pickney is our biggest DT and gets manhandled. We definitely needed more size. Not a 200Ib defensive end. As 4 buddy that transfered, you cant control that, but they should have got more transfers. They got a million WR transfers and recruits, but no d-lineman.

3. Darian Grant, Thaxton, Pickney, Kegler, Vaughn and Tyrone Barber are the players Im referring to that is taking up space and should have been encouraged to move on. Im good with Magnum, Green and Yates

4. And yes, I want Thomas Nance to move BACK to DE. He cant be any worse than the dudes I named above. 

5. The transfer portal is the new wave. Thats why they have eliminated having 2 sit a year. Either jump on the bus or get left behind. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1. Clean house I meant "encourage" to move on. Im sure the 25+ kids that transfered out were told something by this staff. 

2. Pickney is our biggest DT and gets manhandled. We definitely needed more size. Not a 200Ib defensive end. As 4 buddy that transfered, you cant control that, but they should have got more transfers. They got a million WR transfers and recruits, but no d-lineman.

3. Darian Grant, Thaxton, Pickney, Kegler, Vaughn and Tyrone Barber are the players Im referring to that is taking up space and should have been encouraged to move on. Im good with Magnum, Green and Yates

4. And yes, I want Thomas Nance to move BACK to DE. He cant be any worse than the dudes I named above. 

5. The transfer portal is the new wave. Thats why they have eliminated having 2 sit a year. Either jump on the bus or get left behind. 

Couldn’t agree more.  Biggest mistake made was not managing some of those DL out.   Might have made room for the greyshirts to sign this year.  DL is one position they totally mismanaged.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Another one to add to the list. Not sure where he was on the depth chart. 

No offense, but anyone on the defensive line is not much of a loss.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Biggest mistake made was not managing some of those DL out.   Might have made room for the greyshirts to sign this year.  DL is one position they totally mismanaged.

They weren't greyshirts as far as I can tell. It appears it was their decision to not sign, not the school's, and delay entry until Spring semester ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You all act like we are the only school looking over players in the portal. Most the P5 guys will go to other P5 schools and the competition for those that project well will be on everyone’s radar. Yes, you may get three or four who stick but it’s crazy to think an entire program can be built this way. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You all act like we are the only school looking over players in the portal. Most the P5 guys will go to other P5 schools and the competition for those that project well will be on everyone’s radar. Yes, you may get three or four who stick but it’s crazy to think an entire program can be built this way. 

There are plenty of G6 teams that got some pretty good transfers. Hell, Jacksonville State and Liberty currently have transfer QBs that might get drafted in the NFL. Some of USF best players have been transfers. Nobody said build a team, but there is a lot of talent in the portal. Why turn ur nose up to it when its the new lamdscape of today? Im happy Rodney Adam and  MVS transfered here or we wouldnt have had as much success those years.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Kansas State under Snyder was built with JuCos. I think with transfer rules now that you absolutely can turn a program around with transfers.

Pluck a few off of SEC benches is better than getting a kid from high school with no P4 offers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

Kansas State under Snyder was built with JuCos. I think with transfer rules now that you absolutely can turn a program around with transfers.

Pluck a few off of SEC benches is better than getting a kid from high school with no P4 offers

I realize this goes against the majority but Sorry, I am not buying. Yes you can get some roster fillers and perhaps a “few” bright spots, but to outline 2/3 of the starters with portal players will eventually lead to long term issues. Further, it will be difficult to get “that” player from a P5 to a G5. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Further, it will be difficult to get “that” player from a P5 to a G5. 

What if we were indie?

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

What if we were indie?

Indy P5? There is only school to look at.