Stacy Kirby DT Transfer

Sk00b

Members do not see this ad, Register

This will end up likely being a positive for both parties. He gets to go find a place to play (wish him well) and we open a roster spot for someone that can contribute. If you can't crack the rotation on our defense, well, I hope you are hitting the books hard. 

As far as the portal is concerned, we have actually had more success with it over the last three years than I realized. We have hit on about 60% of the transfers. Our current depth chart features 9 transfers contributing on offense and 7 contributing on defense (Will Jones, II would have been a starter before he was injured).

I agree, we need to hit the d-line hard this year in the portal, but 3 of our 9 guys contributing on the d-line are transfers. Next year is really scary on the d-line, as the only likely returning players with any experience appear to be Jason Vaughn and Tramel Logan. I'm not sure how many of the guys that are just seniors will stick around with their extra Covid year. The rest of the roster consists of Jamari Stewart Freshman Transfer (committed to Miss St, but held out of 2020), Le'Vontae Camiel - SO, Colby Smith - PWO FR, Keeon Terrell - FR, and De'Juan Sease - JR, and none of them have recorded a tackle this season.  

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Even if a minority there are those that are good players sitting the bench because of great players. Those are the guys we need to find.  I don't know how many of our guys moved up in weight class.  Jordan McCloud went to AZ. Johnny Ford to FAU. So I'm sure it runs the gamut.

I would still submit that portal players who succeed are the exception not the rule. 

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

I bet their success rate is not much different than high school recruits. They are further along in their maturity and development though.

It is interesting. I wonder what the success rate (actually playing) is when comparing the two groups by percentages?

Edited by NewEnglandBull