Stacy Kirby DT Transfer

Members do not see this ad, Register
3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think GatorBull was doing it for a while

I stopped when I realized we werent getting any d-line transfers. It got heart breaking when i saw the coaching staff ignoring the d-line. That was our worse group for the past 4/5 years. CJS doesnt seem like the type 2 be scared to tell a player to move on. He should have cleaned house on the dline. Magnum, Yates and Green is the only players I was cool with on the d-line. I hope they move Thomas Nance 2 the d-line. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I stopped when I realized we werent getting any d-line transfers. It got heart breaking when i saw the coaching staff ignoring the d-line. That was our worse group for the past 4/5 years. CJS doesnt seem like the type 2 be scared to tell a player to move on. He should have cleaned house on the dline. Magnum, Yates and Green is the only players I was cool with on the d-line. I hope they move Thomas Nance 2 the d-line. 

They did get two Defensive linemen from the portal. A DE from MIssissippi St. and a DE/DT from New Mexico St.. I think the Miss ST. transfer is dinged up and the NM St transfer quit football due to family stuff. I don't think they ignored it. All the Florida schools dipped into the D Line transfer portal last year. Four DT's (Pinkney, Kegler, Green, Mangum) are listed as Graduates, meaning they took advantage of the COVID year.

Also due to COVID and allowing players to stay caused USF to have to greyshirt two DT's they had committed. We would have had six new D Linemen total coming in after last season. Three of those (2 greyshirts and one quit) never made it to campus.

Also when you say "cleaned house" do you mean revoke the scholarship and kick them off the team? I don't think that is a good look and probably isn't looked at well in the eyes of recruits and area HS football coaches.

Thomas Nance was listed as a DE on the 2019 roster. Switched over to TE in 2020.

17 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

They did get two Defensive linemen from the portal. A DE from MIssissippi St. and a DE/DT from New Mexico St.. I think the Miss ST. transfer is dinged up and the NM St transfer quit football due to family stuff. I don't think they ignored it. All the Florida schools dipped into the D Line transfer portal last year. Four DT's (Pinkney, Kegler, Green, Mangum) are listed as Graduates, meaning they took advantage of the COVID year.

Also due to COVID and allowing players to stay caused USF to have to greyshirt two DT's they had committed. We would have had six new D Linemen total coming in after last season. Three of those (2 greyshirts and one quit) never made it to campus.

Also when you say "cleaned house" do you mean revoke the scholarship and kick them off the team? I don't think that is a good look and probably isn't looked at well in the eyes of recruits and area HS football coaches.

Thomas Nance was listed as a DE on the 2019 roster. Switched over to TE in 2020.

I don't think that was the case.  Believe he decided not to ask any that wanted to leave to stay.  

24 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

And that’s the problem for all you portal lovers. There is a reason they are leaving. The majority of them are damaged goods both mentally and/or physically. 

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And that’s the problem for all you portal lovers. There is a reason they are leaving. The majority of them are damaged goods both mentally and/or physically. 

Even if a minority there are those that are good players sitting the bench because of great players. Those are the guys we need to find.  I don't know how many of our guys moved up in weight class.  Jordan McCloud went to AZ. Johnny Ford to FAU. So I'm sure it runs the gamut.