• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It’s Not Game Day

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

For all of the arguing and whining and heartache that comes with a Saturday Game Day, it is way better than not playing. Here is to a big win next week. I will watch all day today but the excitement level is not the same for my Saturday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,380
  • Days Won:  3

Booo 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Well some of us Graduated from 2 schools so I will be watching intently that GA Tech defeats Dook. 

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

BLUE??

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

This is a much needed break... I am hoping (perhaps a bit too wishfully) the coaches are working to make some adjustments and working on some of the fundamentals... and the team is healing.

Next week USF and Tulsa appear to be well matched on paper... ESPN's FPI has Tulsa with a slight edge 54 -46% based on the season so far.  Through five games, Tulsa has more passing attempts and fewer rushing attempts -- which may be good.  USF might be able to play a little more zone coverage.

The following week USF should beat Temple... in the few Owls games I've seen, they are struggling on both sides of the ball.

Then we get a short week before a road game at ECU.  To me, this will really tell us where this young USF team is going... if USF is 3-4 going into this week on a 2-game winning streak, the Pirates might be within reach.  The short week sucks and the Thursday night curse may rear it's head.

So USF could be 3-5 or, dare I dream, 4-4 heading into Houston and Cincinnati... the two hardest remaining games on the schedule.  Going 3-0 over the next three games (as hard as that will be) could give the team some confidence and playing at home could, maybe, make these games a little closer than we might expect now.  I do not expect USF to win these games -- I just hope USF v Cincy is closer than 2 TDs.

USF then finishes the season with road trips to Tulane and UCF... USF could beat them both - but could also lose to both...

So... sitting at 1-4 with a break... to me, I think USF will win at least 2 more games, and possibly / maybe as many as 5 (bowl eligible!) with a few lucky bounces.  Most likely, USF finishes the season at 4-8.  Or back to where the team was before CJS came on board.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This is a much needed break... I am hoping (perhaps a bit too wishfully) the coaches are working to make some adjustments and working on some of the fundamentals... and the team is healing.

Next week USF and Tulsa appear to be well matched on paper... ESPN's FPI has Tulsa with a slight edge 54 -46% based on the season so far.  Through five games, Tulsa has more passing attempts and fewer rushing attempts -- which may be good.  USF might be able to play a little more zone coverage.

The following week USF should beat Temple... in the few Owls games I've seen, they are struggling on both sides of the ball.

Then we get a short week before a road game at ECU.  To me, this will really tell us where this young USF team is going... if USF is 3-4 going into this week on a 2-game winning streak, the Pirates might be within reach.  The short week sucks and the Thursday night curse may rear it's head.

So USF could be 3-5 or, dare I dream, 4-4 heading into Houston and Cincinnati... the two hardest remaining games on the schedule.  Going 3-0 over the next three games (as hard as that will be) could give the team some confidence and playing at home could, maybe, make these games a little closer than we might expect now.  I do not expect USF to win these games -- I just hope USF v Cincy is closer than 2 TDs.

USF then finishes the season with road trips to Tulane and UCF... USF could beat them both - but could also lose to both...

So... sitting at 1-4 with a break... to me, I think USF will win at least 2 more games, and possibly / maybe as many as 5 (bowl eligible!) with a few lucky bounces.  Most likely, USF finishes the season at 4-8.  Or back to where the team was before CJS came on board.

For me 4 games placates me, 6 games has me all in and 3 or below is failing and has me more worried about the future than hopeful. If we can’t beat a bad Tulsa coming off the bye week I don’t know how anyone can sell progress but hopefully they don’t have to try. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

For me 4 games placates me, 6 games has me all in and 3 or below is failing and has me more worried about the future than hopeful. If we can’t beat a bad Tulsa coming off the bye week I don’t know how anyone can sell progress but hopefully they don’t have to try. 

I agree with your sentiment on Tulsa.  If we lose that game, I would appear the team has regressed from the 1-8 COVID-ravaged team... which I would have thought to be impossible.  The fan base after a loss like that might fit in Corbett Stadium.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

BLUE??

Cat Face GIF

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108