• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who remembers the 21 game Home Winning Streak?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

I guess when you look back at the record you can have some fond memories. But in the broader context of the program we were heading in the wrong direction from the moment he stepped on campus.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,378
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The "problem" was that CCS wasn't CWT and they were learning a whole new offense. And it was so "not good" that we outscored SJSU 42-6 the rest of the game .... and so "not good" that we dropped almost 700 yards on Illinois several weeks later. I guess this is what I'm getting at with the woe is me stuff. 2017 was an awesome year that had a heart wrenching ending to the regular season but a lot don't want to acknowledge it because of Chuck.

I'll agree with that. CCS just couldn't reload after losing the 2017 seniors. Thats why we need continuity at this point. We can't keep shuffling coaches in and out.  That is killing recruiting and why i feel CCS had issues recruiting as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I guess when you look back at the record you can have some fond memories. But in the broader context of the program we were heading in the wrong direction from the moment he stepped on campus.

Looking back, you're 100% correct ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

And to be honest I was not a Strong detractor.  I thought it was a fortuitous hire and he was a good coach - by reputation. And then when everybody got down on his ability, I thought he’s got to know something right?  He’s got to be able to run a program.  Little did I know.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

And to be honest I was not a Strong detractor.  I thought it was a fortuitous hire and he was a good coach - by reputation. And then when everybody got down on his ability, I thought he’s got to know something right?  He’s got to be able to run a program.  Little did I know.  

We've had a few "good on paper" hires that weren't as they seemed ......

spacer.png

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, Brad said:

Me Too Samesies GIF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Me Too Samesies GIF

Most if not all did…the kool aid had a tropical taste to it but it also had a tart, medicine taste at the bottom of the cup. I should have known better. 

• Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Most if not all did…the kool aid had a tropical taste to it but it also had a tart, medicine taste at the bottom of the cup. I should have known better. 

Q, junkyard dog and Adams hid a lot of deficiencies, but you could tell we were trending in the wrong direction almost immediately. The writing on the wall should have been the, “we’re going to come in and slow it down,” quote from XCCS. He should have been fired at that exact moment as who in their right mind wants to mess with a top-10 offense that’s clicking on all cylinders?!

Also, I’m 99.9999% sure that ol’ Sterlin Gilbert had never seen us play before coming along for the ride. How else do you explain his inside handoffs on first and second down of literally EVERY series before having to throw for it on 3rd and long?!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, NovaBull said:

Q, junkyard dog and Adams hid a lot of deficiencies, but you could tell we were trending in the wrong direction almost immediately. The writing on the wall should have been the, “we’re going to come in and slow it down,” quote from XCCS. He should have been fired at that exact moment as who in their right mind wants to mess with a top-10 offense that’s clicking on all cylinders?!

Also, I’m 99.9999% sure that ol’ Sterlin Gilbert had never seen us play before coming along for the ride. How else do you explain his inside handoffs on first and second down of literally EVERY series before having to throw for it on 3rd and long?!

Yeah it was a **** show all around. Then the slimy AD leaves before the implosion using the fact he hired “the” Charlie Strong to get the new job. Gilbert is now in the process of ruining Syracuse. How that guy keeps getting a job is simply amazing to me.